OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments and FX services.
Everyone at OANDA is focused on our vision to transform how our customers can meet all their currency needs. From our roots in 1996 that provided free currency exchange information to launching a multi-award winning global FX and CFD trading business to our recent new venture of money transfer. OANDA is now a major global player.
Join us and:
- Work on an award-winning platform that processes billions of dollars every day.
- Be on a team that’s responsible for company-wide top priority projects.
- Contribute innovative ideas to improve the daily trading experience of thousands of customers.
- Improve yourself and your team through education and continuous learning.
- Is part of a cross-functional data team made up of data scientists, data and software architects, software engineers, and business reporting analysts spanning the globe
- Has ownership over data company-wide, from analytics to global business reporting
- Manages the entire data lifecycle from extraction to visualization
- Works in SQL, Python, R, scikit-learn, Google Cloud, BigQuery, and we are always prototyping new technologies!
Translate the work of the Analytics function into findings for application by the broader business, including for use in strategic decision making and planning. Implement analytical approaches and methodologies and assist in the interpretation of results. Drive conversations with the business on data best practices, set up control groups and educate on structured analysis ensuring maximum value can be extracted from any tests being run by the business.
- Advanced and Predictive Analytics: Run advanced and predictive analyses and perform model assessments, validation, and enhancement activities, using predictive analytics' software tools and functionalities.
- Data and Analytics Strategy: Make recommendations to improve data and analytics systems and platforms, contributing to the continuous improvement and refinement of data and analytics strategy.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Conduct research using primary data sources and select information needed for the analysis of key themes and trends.
- Business Requirements Identification: Collect business requirements and guide business to appropriate metrics to use to evaluate performance.
- Insights and Reporting: Prepare and coordinate the completion of various data and analytics reports.
- Performance Improvement through Data: Create complex algorithms that identify patterns in structured data. Partner with different business stakeholders and internal clients to ensure the collection of data in accordance with model standards.
- Data Collection and Analysis: Works independently and provides guidance and training to others on analyzing data trends for use in reports to help guide decision making.
- Planning and Organizing: Uses comprehensive knowledge and skills to work independently while providing guidance and training to others on planning, organizing, prioritizing and overseeing activities to efficiently meet business objectives.
- Data Control: Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on acquiring, organizing, protecting and processing data to fulfill business objectives.
- Policy and procedures: Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on developing, monitoring, interpreting and understanding policies and procedures, while making sure they match organizational strategies and objectives.
- Reporting: Works without supervision and provides technical guidance when required on creating relevant, lucid and effective reports.
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- University degree in numerate discipline (desirable) or compensating work experience.
- Have significant experience working in both SQL (advanced) and Python (intermediate)
- Have worked in, and with, Google Cloud/BigQuery/BigData or other cloud technology.
- Have worked with enterprise business intelligences platforms such as Tableau, Domo or MicroStrategy, with Domo as an asset.
- Experience enables job holder to deal with the majority of situations and to advise others (minimum 4 years of commercial experience)
- Be able to translate complicated business requests into actionable and understandable data insights.
- Have experience working within Finance or FinTech industries