🤓 Backend Platform Software Engineer
🌍 Zendesk | Wyczółkowskiego 7, Kraków🖥 https://www.zendesk.com/
👉 Nice to have:
About Zendesk (and Base)
We founded Base in 2009 based on a strong internal belief that businesses deserve better, smarter software. We’ve grown to over 5,000 customers across the globe and in September 2018 got acquired by Zendesk to shape the future of customer relationship management together.
Our mentality is to take the art of sales and transform it into actionable information to help sales organizations take their growth to the next level. We believe in a collaborative working style with a bias towards rapid prototyping, experimentation and a strong curiosity for our customers and their needs.
With a full-fledged microservices-based architecture, strong DevOps culture, internal PaaS and Continuous Delivery, Zendesk Sell gives you the opportunity to build a high-scale distributed system that is used by thousands of people every day.
As a Software Engineer in Backend Platform, you will develop foundational components for our product teams to build upon, you will own a large portion of our microservices infrastructure and operate with an SRE, metrics-driven mindset. You will work with experienced people whom you can learn a lot from, and who will enjoy learning from you.
Some technologies you will work with on a regular basis include Java, Ruby, Kafka, RabbitMQ, microservices, HTTP, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcache, AWS. Take a look at our special Ruby-focused page: https://www.zendesk.com/sell/careers/krakow/software-engineer-ruby/
What we expect you to know or quickly learn:
- Fluency in at least one programming language (e.g. Java, Ruby) and its ecosystem
- Excellent command of OOP techniques
- Best practices around working with production-ready distributed systems (timeouts, partitioning, circuit breaking etc.).
- Fluency in some databases or data processing engines (e.g. MySQL, Kafka, Hive, Elasticsearch)
- Multi-threading, concurrency concepts, and how to effectively use high-level concurrency building blocks
What experience can be helpful to become successful in the role:
- Experience in working with complex, distributed systems and scalable, highly available architectures
- Experience in developing microservices
- Experience in using troubleshooting tools like NewRelic, Rollbar, Grafana etc.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
What we offer
- Ownership of the projects you work on
- Team of passionate people who love what they do
- Interesting projects, ability to implement your own ideas and improvements
- Opportunity to learn and grow
And everything you need to do your job effectively:
- Flexible working hours
- Professional development funds
- Comfortable office, choice of your own laptop and other tools, daily catered breakfasts and lunches