WearLinq is a groundbreaking healthcare startup, emerging from Stanford University, on a mission to democratize healthcare. Our integrated ecosystem of hardware, software, and services aims to bridge gaps between patients and healthcare providers. We have successfully launched our first product: an FDA-cleared 6-channel EKG wearable device accompanied by a patient-facing mobile application, offering seamless access to qualified physicians to diagnose and manage arrhythmia and reduce stroke risk. With an exciting pipeline of upcoming solutions for various disease conditions, we are poised for rapid growth. Our team is primarily located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Singapore but are opening an office in Poland and open to working with talent anywhere.
Role: Lead Android Engineer (BLE specialist)
We are looking for an innovative, self-motivated Android engineer with previous experience with BLE/hardware to lead our Android efforts, which is the main way we interact with patients. This role reports to director of software engineering but you’ll have a lot of exposure to the entire leadership team with room to grow into our Android/mobile team lead.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with Android and previous projects with BLE.
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Proficiency in Kotlin and Java.
- Strong custom UI and micro-animation capabilities.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing, and deploying complex BLE-enabled Android applications.
- Strong understanding of Android's Bluetooth APIs and peripheral communication protocols.
- Expertise in RESTful API integration and JSON data manipulation within Android apps.
- MVVM and MVC architecture
- Clear documentation to support further FDA clearances.
- Strong communication skills in English to liaise with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Architect large scale, functional mobile applications from a wireframe/full manual
- Develop high impact Kotlin code and relevant functional/unit tests
- Responsible for technically architecting full-featured Android applications that interact with in-house and third-party APIs
- Help ideate and develop features to empower users with their own health data
- Improve usability experiences for patients across hardware & software
- Manage and update existing code bases
- Utilize source control management such as Git
- Collaborate with other developers: iOS, Android, QA and management to develop high-quality products
- Engage with cross-functional teams including hardware and medical professionals to ensure a seamless user experience.
- Hire additional engineers on the Android/mobile team as necessary while we scale.
- Competitive salary and equity options.
- Comprehensive healthcare package.
- Opportunity to work at the forefront of healthcare innovation.
- Dynamic and flexible work environment.
- Collaboration with a talented team and advisors.
If you are passionate about revolutionizing healthcare and are looking for a challenging role that allows you to make a significant impact, we'd love to hear from you. WearLinq is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.