What you’ll do
In general, the Software Engineer is part of an agile team that provides the digital functions required by the business to build cars and components in all our plants. This means that the software engineer takes part in both discussing and understanding business requirements, interpreting the requirements into digital functions, developing and testing them.
Because our applications are used in all our production plants, it is important that our systems landscape is robust, scalable, and efficient but also to embrace modern new opportunities in order to assure we use the best technologies available. With an always-on mindset you will be assisting departments in the different plants in designing, configuring and managing solutions for their devices, tools and applications, in line with factory and corporate standards. You will also be working closely with the local IT site teams and be supported by global specialists and operations teams.
What we expect from you
- You understand and reflect on the customer needs to bring value to the organization.
- You take part in the development cycle using innovative technologies and frameworks.
- You secure qualitative, efficient and performant deliveries.
- You provide input for the design and construction of test cases and scenarios and help validate executed test results.
- You contribute to boosting the team to continually increase knowledge, competence, performance, and innovation.
- You are a team player who enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders.
- You work under rapidly changing conditions and have the capability to identify, mitigate and decide on solutions when facing obstacles within complex and global organizations.
- You bring your general understanding of production processes and understand how all these things work together to make end user applications work well.
Who you are
- You have at least a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience in a relevant field.
- You have a full-stack software engineering expertise with knowledge of Java development & support, databases (Oracle, SQL server, My SQL), development platforms (Java, Azure cloud, OpenShift), frameworks (Spring, Spring boot), messaging (MQ, Kafka), REST API and front-end expertise (Angular).
- You have knowledge of backlog management, strategic planning, business relationship management, problem analysis and business modelling.
- You’ve worked with agile development practices (Safe / Scrum / ADO), ITIL (incident, problem & change process) and used collaboration tools (such as Azure DevOps or similar).
- You have excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills in English to both technical specialists and people without technical knowledge.
We appreciate it if you also have
- Knowledge about the current Production Control application (CIP), VCom (Volvo’s message broker) and TClient (UI in older applications).
- Experience using Docker containers and orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of the automotive industry.