Do you want to join a fast-growing company where the work you do will make a real difference? Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a fast-growing company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success!
We are looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager, who will be responsible for leading large-scale, complex programs from start to end within our Products & Technology organization. You will be working cross-functionally with a broad set of technical and business partners to drive programs that will further Splunk’s long range goals. We want a TPM who can thrive with a nebulous problem set, distill complex problems into concrete work, and guide multiple teams with their strong, critical thinking skills.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Leading technical programs in the Products & Technology organization, with a great understanding of priorities to drive expected outcomes, including New Product Introduction (NPI) and Go To Market (GTM) processes
- Breaking down initiatives into coherent workstreams; defining program timelines and ensuring accountability of program goals; operating as the single source of truth in execution of complex programs
- Proactively anticipating risks, developing mitigation plans, and driving problems to resolution
- Aligning with organizational leadership and key business customers as a program lead
- Understanding system interdependencies and facilitating technical discussions; communicating solutions and decisions with both engineers and non-technical audiences
- Creating and maintaining detailed and easy-to-digest program documentation, managing dependencies, and tracking status across multiple teams and workstreams
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 8+ years experience in software program management or closely related roles
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience with enterprise software and cloud technologies, along with a deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Understanding and experience with creating and consuming APIs
- Experience driving large, cross-functional programs that have broad organizational impact
- Demonstrated the ability at juggling multiple, concurrent programs and prioritizing tasks based on criticality
- Communication and risk management are your forte. You can communicate effectively with stakeholders of all levels and develop plans to act upon risks appropriately
- Great decision making, consensus building, and problem solving; you don't shy away from challenges
- Strong technical proficiency required to understand development tasks and identify and resolve issues as they arise
- Understanding of key development tools and technologies such as Python, Gitlab, AWS, Kubernetes, and Terraform.
- (A big plus) Experience with program management tools in the Atlassian stack (Jira and Confluence)