Join us as we pursue our innovative vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun and most meaningfully, to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about working on critical systems to create tangible customer impact? Would you like the opportunity to work at a growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If this resonates with you, we would love to speak with you.
Our Data Collection team is a dynamic technology group that builds and manages applications and add-ons to ingest data into the Splunk platform for all key cloud, security and IT sources. We deal with challenges of ingesting and processing data at scale and in a reliable and real-time manner. If you possess a passion for outstanding technology and embrace the challenge of working with systems that handle terabytes of data, then this position is for you.
- Participate in the complete software development cycle: Understand requirements, design, develop, test, automate and deploy software
- Identify and resolve pre-production system bottlenecks and production issues
- Engage in design and code reviews of the product, and enhance your knowledge of customers’ experiences to prevent future problems
- Make code maintainable and the product diagnosable and serviceable
- Participate in rotating on-call duties to diagnose and solve customer issues.
- Own features from start to finish; Mentor junior engineers
- Strong fundamentals in software engineering: data structures and algorithms
- Coding proficiency in Python or the ability to quickly learn new languages
- Hands-on experience with at least one of public cloud providers such as AWS, GCP, Azure
- Experience in working on distributed systems like databases, file systems, concurrency control, consistency models (Strong understanding of theCAP theorem is an added plus).
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills including the use of associated tools
- Experience with developing CI/CD systems, test automation frameworks,
- Ability to document your work for the benefit of the team
- Knowledge of REST, grpc or similar communication paradigms
- Operational excellence: you think beyond feature delivery into how your code is serving customers in production
What we offer
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest.
- Balance. We want you to be successful outside of work too. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We are committed to having every employee want to give it their all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on their face while doing it.
If you’re willing to invest your precious time and skills into our success, we’d be delighted to invest in yours. Our holistic approach to benefits is designed to support your financial, physical, mental and emotional well-being.
Our total compensation package is comprised of:
- Base salary
- Bonus target
- Long-term cash incentive or Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with a vesting period of 3 years
The final compensation offered will vary based on individual experience, skills and job-based knowledge.
Some of our benefits:
- Life insurance.
- Private medical and dental insurance for you and your family through Medicover.
- Multisport card
- PWNY Perks offers 375 USD gross reimbursement per quarter for well-being expenses including fitness, health, legal support, care-giving, petcare, and family planning.
- Splunk provides 24/7 crisis support through the Employee Assistance Program. It also offers Modern Health, a mental well-being solution that provides digital courses, meditations, certified coaches and licensed therapists.
- In addition to regular holiday and vacation time, every year Splunkers get 4 Splunk-wide days, 5 fully paid sick days, and 30 paid days off in case of a disaster (e.g., global pandemic, war, tornado, etc.)
- Splunk offers 40 hours per year of paid time so you can volunteer for the causes that are closest to your heart.
- Donate to your favorite charities and nonprofits and Splunk will match your donation for up to USD$500 per fiscal year.
- Splunkers can enjoy free snacks and coffee when they come into our Krakow office.