We are looking for a Senior Test Automation Engineer to join Sopra Steria Apps Services on the project with EU Financial institution.
The role presupposes working on API/Back End testing in close collaboration with software development team.
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for devising and executing an effective test strategy with a focus on automation. You will be partnering with various functions in understanding technical and business needs, helping devise suitable test frameworks, and creating scalable test solutions through automation.
- Design, implement, and maintain automated test scripts and test automation frameworks
- Work closely with developers, business analysts, and other delivery team members to ensure the quality
- Participate in design & architecture activities ensuring testability and ability to address both technical and business requirements
- Perform data validations using complex SQL statements and other tools (e.g. Query Analyzer, Redgate, etc.)
- Create scalable test solutions through the identification, implementation, and maintenance of test automation frameworks suitable for backend, API, and Data layers
- Plan and execute suitable regression testing activities related to the change/release scope
- Provide testing estimates and meet project testing timelines collaborate with the delivery team and/or business partners in the troubleshooting root cause of software issues
- Report bugs/errors discovered per standardized tools and processes
- Test automation,
- API testing,
- REST Assured
Must have requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in testing
- Expert knowledge of practices, procedures, and principles of testing
- Proven experience in automating complex backend and APIs testing
- Solid expertise in designing and utilizing test automation frameworks Backend UI, APIs, and Data layers
- Experience in API automation test tools such as SoapUI, REST-assured, Postman, JMeter,
- Strong knowledge of Relational Database and Programming languages (Java, Python, .Net)
- Experience with Development process and CI/CD
- Ability to work closely and effectively with developers in an agile environment
- Ability to deeply understand product architecture, related data principles, and interfaces with downstream systems
- Professional proficiency in English
- Being open to occasional business trips abroad (once per month for 3 days to Luxembourg) and visits in our office in Katowice
Nice to have requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related fields
- Certifications in Automation Testing will be considered as an advantage
The recruitment process in our company consists of three stages:
- a short call with a recruiter (30 min max)
- HR/Technical interview on Teams (1 hour)
- Meeting with customer/team (for those who successfully passed an HR/technical interview)
Regardless of the decision, we always come back with feedback and keep our candidates up to date on the status of the recruitment process.
If you find this offer interesting and you would like to learn more about the project, please send us your up-dated CV in English.