🤓 Backend Developer
14 000 - 17 000 PLN gross
🌍 Revolut | Stanisława Klimeckiego 1, Kraków🖥 https://www.revolut.com/pl-PL/
A LITTLE ABOUT US 🤔
From clunky apps to hidden fees, banking as we know it is broken. So we decided to build a company from the ground that would challenge the bigger players and reinvent how people interact with their money — for the better.
Traditional banks are slow and expensive. Realistically, you’re nothing but a number to them with dollar signs attached. So, one continent at a time, we plan on changing this.
This may sound a little salesy, but we’ve signed up more than 3m customers without spending a single penny on marketing. It’s simple really: if you solve an everyday problem, you don’t need to spend a gazillion dollars on fancy marketing campaigns.
OUR CULTURE 👫
To put it bluntly — it’s about getting shit done and owning what you do. We don’t hide behind fancy job titles or set up bureaucratic processes. Instead we treat our people equally, fairly and give them a ton of freedom and autonomy to create something awesome.
We make mistakes, we learn from them and we back everything up with data and logic.
In three years, we’ve grown to over 600 people and we’re adding around 30 new additions each month. From engineers to marketers, we’re on the hunt for exceptional talent to help us scale our business and get Revolut in the hands of millions of people everywhere.
WHAT WE NEED 🚀
We’re looking for a Backend Developer to sit within our developers team at our Krakow-based office.
We’ve hired some of the most talented developers and designers that the world of tech has to offer, and we’re keen to showcase their talent to the world - and that’s where you come in.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING ✍️
- The work will focus mostly on greenfield development and improvement of existing systems.
- Projects will include building mobile APIs, developing micro services to evolve our architecture, and perfecting a number of systems that our business depend on, like risk management, fraud detection, payment processing for example.
- Our technology stack is based predominantly on Java 8 on the backend and React on the frontend.
- There is an opportunity to introduce Scala for new components.
- We have a minimalist approach to using external frameworks, with emphasis on maintainability and fast turnaround with TDD, DDD and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL NEED 📖
- Fluency with Java or Scala
- 3 years (or above) experience in back-end development
- Bachelors Degree (or above) in Computer Science/Maths/Physics/similar
- Quick learner with an ambitious and results driven personality
- Work well as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Flexible working hours
- You’ll get to work in one of the hottest and fastest growing tech startups in the world right now
- We’ll arm you with all of the latest tech equipment
- Competitive salary
- Free Revolut Premium subscription
- Medical Insurance
- Multisport card
- Free dinners
- Life insurance