PwC Poland’s Digital& - Application Development team comprises 130 people. We are responsible for IT projects for Polish and international clients. The number of tasks we undertake is extensive: from design, building and implementation, through preparation of functional specifications and analysis of data in source systems, to the definition of business requirements, support in testing and development of mobile applications. The department provides IT consulting services, mainly to financial institutions from Poland and abroad.
Currently we are looking for:
Data Governance and Management Expert to join our team on projects in the Middle East.
Would you like to gain international experience and spend up to 50% of your time working abroad in KSA and UAE, but also in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and Kuwait? Are you interested in combining business with travel and learning about new cultures?
If so, read on:
What do we do in data management?
We help our clients redefine their data capabilities through governance and change their organizational mindset. We enhance this capability by developing data frameworks, designing and implementing processes, crafting strategy, optimizing infrastructure, and systems, creating a culture to match, and providing guidance on data-related issues.
Your future role:
- acting as a trusted advisor for the client in all aspects related to data management & governance,
- developing strong working relationships with the client’s executive management,
- engaging with the business stakeholders to capture requirements for establishing data management & governance practices, including developing, running and conducting data management maturity assessments using using DAMA framework,
- designing and developing data management office operating models (mandate, roles & responsibilities, organization structure, job descriptions, interaction model),
- analyzing the spectrum of technology solutions for data management & governance and propose the most feasible options based on client needs and requirements,
- developing RFPs for digitizing data management & governance operations,
- defining initiatives (projects / programs) that will enable the realization of the target data management & governance operating model and aspirations, including detailing these initiatives, prioritizing them for execution, and providing estimated budget and timelines.
Apply if you:
- have 10–15 years of experience in leading data management & governance institutionalization based on DAMA framework,
- have strong understanding of the importance and benefits of data management & governance for the public sector, municipalities or telecommunication,
- are experienced with DAMA Maturity Assessment Framework,
- are experienced in defining data quality frameworks and using the related tools to identify data quality root causes and propose recommendations for improvement,
- are experienced in using Data Management tools covering all range of data management lifecycle (cataloging, quality, integration, governance, and marketplace),
- have strong understanding of challenges facing data management & governance projects and ways to mitigate them; strong problem-solving skills using a structured thinking process,
- have very good understanding of requirements gathering techniques and ability to engage with senior stakeholders for understanding challenges and aspirations as well as proposing solutions,
- are experienced in developing data dictionaries and business glossaries as key enablers for better governance and unlocking value of data for the organizations,
- are experienced in defining master data and reference data for organizations,
- have ability to visualize and create models and blueprints,
- have ability to articulate functional and non-functional requirements for IT solutions,
- have BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields,
- are certified in DAMA and in Informatica or Collibra tools is a plus.
What we offer - specifically for this team:
- balanced travel/remote work requirements ( up to 50% onsite presence in the Middle East),
- possibility of gaining international consulting experience working with top Middle East enterprises,
- all travel, accommodation and meal costs fully covered by PwC
- regular onsite team integration meetings,
- getting to know Middle East culture and region with dedicated cultural workshops.