🤓 Sr Backend Software Engineer - Phorest
3 750 - 5 420 EUR net
🌍 Phorest (via BeeTalents) | 9 Anglesea Mills, Anglesea Row, Dublin🖥 http://beetalents.com/
Phorest powers over 7,000 hair and beauty salons using our software in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Finland, and the USA. Our aim is to capture 25% of the market globally – that’s one million salons and a billion-dollar company. Our system touches every point of the salon experience. We have the in-salon software desktop application, Phorest Go (the native staff application), online bookings website for salons, and custom native apps per salon. In a typical month, Phorest processes 3 million appointments and we send over 3 million SMS and 4 million emails. We process 200k online bookings per month and over 150 custom built white label native apps.
We are growing fast and would like to add a new member to the team. Now, we're looking for Backend Software Engineer who wants to develop as the Leader.
You will be a key member of a multi-disciplinary team, designing and building the future of our multi-tenant SAAS platform. You will join a small group of highly skilled engineers in building exciting new features and extending our platform. Given we are a small product group, you will have freedom and control to shape our product vision without bureaucracy or politics.
You will be working on a large distributed system (event-driven and restful services running on Docker and Serverless) solving complex problems in an environment where we look to continuously improve and learn. We work with feature flags and continuous delivery to ensure our work gets to production as fast as possible.
You should apply if you are a type of person like this:
- Architect/implement/recommend new software component designs or enhancements to existing software products; leads in the implementation of platform components.
- Someone who will work with our product designers and owners to turn high-level requirements into user stories and shippable features
- Quality & high standards really matter to us – you will focus on continually applying high coding standards, excellent attention to detail and a methodological work process.
- Demonstrate proper coding techniques including maintainability, reuse, clean code, unit testing and driving standards within the team.
- Develops automated unit test and acceptance tests to ensure software meets design criteria.
- Never stops learning, pursues latest technologies, seeks for best solutions. Always looking to improve.
- Coach and help teammates through code reviews and whiteboarding sessions.
- Be that person who gets involved at a team level on designing and implementing solutions.
- Someone that doesn’t accept the norm and isn’t afraid to voice their ideas.
- Proficiency in object oriented software design, preferable Java (but it's nice if you know Groovy and Ruby)
- Familiarity with design patterns
- Ability to work within teams using Source Control Management tools, like git. Working with pull requests, hotfixes and various branching strategies.
- Ability to inspire and motivate, to improve quality and productivity, maintaining technical innovation and excellence
- Discipline and appreciation of working with TDD/ CI processes.
- Experience designing distributed services which can communicate in a fault-tolerant manner using both RESTful and message driven APIs
- Developers own their work from start to finish. We don’t have an operations team and we deploy and monitor the areas of the system we work in as part of our day to day.
- Experience with or willingness to learn Docker and AWS desired.
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases and performance tuning.
- Experience working in scrum environment.
We can offer you:
- the salary in ranges of 45 - 65k* EUR net B2B for non-residents/gross CoE for Irish residents per year,
- 23 days of PTO/holiday,
- training budget for conferences,
- small bonuses on Christmas,
- paid travels to Dublin office,
- suitable equipment (we're working on MacBooks).
*or more, depends on experience.
Get in touch via APPLY button to ask for more information and to chat about your future with Phorest!