🤓 Full Stack Developer, NLP Apps
🌍 Infermedica | Grabiszynska 240, Wrocław🖥 http://infermedica.com
At Infermedica, we develop AI-driven apps that allow insurance, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies to pre-diagnose, triage, and connect patients with the appropriate medical services. We are on a bold mission to guide every patient to the right care.
Every day we work on some of the most exciting challenges in the healthcare industry: using artificial intelligence (AI) in medical diagnosis, and natural language processing (NLP) in chat-bots and voice assistants. Our core technology is science-driven and built on the firm foundation of the latest medical papers and internal research.
We are known for our outstanding products and customer service experience. Since 2012, we’ve helped companies from all over the world increase efficiency, improve patient flow and reduce costs.
The NLP team
We are a small team that combines research and engineering skills to provide robust language technology for health apps. This technology includes chatbots (back-end and front-end), our in-house software for understanding medical language, and other elements of the infrastructure surrounding it, such as event dispatching and tracking or keeping data in MongoDB.
We have successfully developed and deployed health check-up chatbots and voice assistants for various platforms, such as Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa. We’ve devised custom algorithms for understanding patient complaints in various languages. Now we’re expanding, and we’re looking for a skilled software developer.
Most of our software is written in Python 3. We’re using the Spacy NLP package, so any prior experience with it would be an advantage.
As a Full Stack Developer, you’ll be responsible for further development and maintenance of all of this technology. Since we value creativeness and are always open to new ideas, you’ll also have significant influence on the design and architecture of the software.
What you’ll do:
- Customize dialogue flow for customers
- Design modules for data tracking and storage
- Work with different open source NLP packages (such as dependency parsers and taggers) and handle their data structures
- Develop chatbot front-ends
- Implement new algorithms and optimize code
- Run small side experiments (by writing scripts or using Jupyter Notebooks) to test new pieces of code before deciding on their deployment
No prior knowledge of Natural Language Processing is required. You’ll have the opportunity to learn some very practical aspects of it. You’ll also have a unique chance to learn various chatbot and voice assistant platforms and work for the health domain. You’ll be cooperating with skilled designers and our medical team to deliver the best possible user experience.
This is not a data science position. What we’re looking for is a proficient software engineer with a passion for designing new systems and learning new concepts, rather than a researcher or a Machine Learning enthusiast. No Deep Learning involved.
Requirements and skills
- Degree in computer science, engineering or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of Python 3 and proven experience in using it
- Knowledge of software engineering and the ability to design and implement production-ready software
- The ability to both work in a team and make self-directed designs and decisions (this will be crucial)
- Experience in writing clean and efficient code
- Ability to implement algorithms more complex than typical business cases
- At least basic skills in using the Unix console
- Good command of English
Practical experience with the following technologies will be appreciated:
- MongoDB or similar databases
- Math libraries in Python (e.g. scipy and numpy)
- Chatbots or live chats
- Test-driven development
- Python packages written in C or Cython
- Linux and scripting
Perks and benefits
We're committed to build an open and supportive environment where you can do your best work and improve your competence. You will be working with great people, and we will help you lead a healthy life outside of the office. What benefits do we provide?
- Participation in the company stock option plan
- Flexible forms of employment
- Flexible working hours
- Any gear you need
- Opportunity to work remotely – two days a month
- Paid vacation (also for B2B)
- Private health coverage (PZU Zdrowie)
- Gym membership (MultiSport)
- Co-financed lunches
If this sounds like a good fit for you, apply now by clicking the button below. We need to know where you are as a developer, so your application must include your CV and links to your online profiles (LinkedIn, GitHub, etc.).
We will review all applications and arrange to chat in person with selected candidates. Unfortunately, not all of you will be invited for an on-site interview, but we always provide feedback to all candidates, regardless of our decision.
We’d be more than happy to have you on board!