HL Tech is a modern technology centre supporting software development and strategic digital transformation of the British financial market giant, Hargreaves Lansdown. Hargreaves Lansdown is the UK’s number one platform for private investors, looking after £132.3 billion of savings and investments on behalf of over 1.7 million clients.
HL Tech was founded in July 2017 in Warsaw and currently employs 80 of the best IT experts in their field (HL Group 2500 + people). We focus on clean code, autonomy in projects, customer needs, best practices and good design. At HL Tech, we create a space for innovation and development based on the culture of knowledge sharing, constant learning, feedback and friendly atmosphere.
Working as a key member of the Cyber Defence team, you will use a variety of tools and techniques to research, risk assess and mitigate security vulnerabilities and compliance issues across HL's Cloud estate, delivering cloud security integration projects and BAU activities. Providing technical guidance to the HL Cloud Platforms teams, to ensure AWS security engineering best practices to securely build and scale cloud-native infrastructure and applications.
Majority of colleagues are working remotely, but there is possibility to work from office which is located in Warsaw Spire.
However, all work must be performed within Poland, and remote work from abroad is not available.
- In-depth knowledge of tools and technologies being used in cloud environments to provide security controls and assessments of the applications.
- 2 years experience working with AWS native security services (inc. Lambda, Kenisis Firehose)
- 1 year experience using SIEM platforms
- Assist in assessing IaC designs, their implementation into production, automating where possible, and documenting solutions leveraging Amazon Web Service (AWS) and other third-party solutions
- Assist security engineering within HLs cloud infrastructure team to build and improve security logging and native AWS tooling
- Manage the AWS cloud security logging capabilities, ensuring these are always functioning correctly
- Document the security tooling, enabling other teams to architect and build solutions which conform to the structure
- Assist the lead cloud security engineer by providing subject matter expertise as it relates to AWS cloud platforms and emerging cloud technologies
- Delivery of security analysis, recommendations, projects and compliance methods and practice.
- Assist in the design of a strategy to create a custom automated methodology for identifying potential security principles violations and providing increased early detection capabilities using SIEM & CSPM tools
- Copy rights (tax reliefs due to creative type of work)
- PPE (4% employer contribution without any additional cost nor employee contributions required)
- Annual bonus depending on performance
- Conference & Training budget
- English lessons with native speakers
- Private health care & Life insurance
- MyBenefit Cafeteria (benefits platform)
- 2 additional days for volunteering events
- Team events
- Buddy programme
- Opportunity to grow according to your level of expertise
- Working with new technologies and a multi-diverse team
- Many opportunities to share knowledge and ideas
- In-house Trainings
👉 Read more about us