Our Client is seeking a talented, passionate System Administrator/Specialist who will be responsible for the health of the security and monitoring agents used throughout the enterprise. The chosen candidate will have the opportunity to continuously strengthen Our Client’s network security controls and collaborate with a broad range of colleagues on a variety of different vendor and internal applications.
You are an experienced IT professional looking for a change. You like learning, challenges, working in a team, and as a team. Helping people/clients gives you a huge sense of satisfaction and accomplishment. You understand that building trustful relationships is key. You are good at what you do and know areas you need to improve. You have a strong drive for results, and you help make others better. You want to work in a company where you are valued, the work you do has a tangible impact, and there is an opportunity for continued career advancement and growth.
The System Administrator/Specialist requires both proven experience, outstanding customer service, and personal communication skills. The successful candidate is a leader, who identifies problems, participates in designing solutions, and holds themselves accountable. You will have the opportunity to gain experience and grow your career while leveraging cutting-edge tools and technology.
You will be working onsite and remotely. The position requires engaging with clients to perform problem-solving and solution-building. You will be encouraged to keep learning.
The focus will always be on being Proactive, Responsive, and Preventative. Security-focused mindset is fundamental, key, and critical.
A positive, service-oriented personality is a must. If you want to grow your career, have a positive impact, and continue to grow your skills and expertise, then this position could be yours.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with application managers, helping them analyze and understand their network traffic for host-based firewall segmentation.
- Triage/remediation of various security and monitoring agents via automation and via manual intervention.
- Responsible for daily requests, incident management, and responding to security incidents in a production environment.
- Identify and manage special projects requiring thoughtful analysis and strategic thinking.
- Ability to work independently, taking the initiative when required.
- Collaborate with internal security and operational teams.
- Be an escalation point for security agent troubleshooting.
- Opportunity working in Illumio host-based firewall segmentation.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Strong networking knowledge and experience in traffic analysis using tools such as Wireshark.
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, and Hyper-V.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure and/or AWS.
- Experience setting up, configuring, policy creation, and troubleshooting firewalls such as Palo Alto, Cisco, Windows Packet Filtering, and IP Tables.
- Solid foundation in data structures and algorithms, operating systems, networking concepts, and debugging skills.
- Nice to have any experience with Illumio host-based micro-segmentation solutions.
- Nice to have experience in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Python, and BASH.
- Excellent documentation skills in tools such as Confluence and MS Word.
- Experience with BladeLogic and Ansible is a plus or any other software package distribution tool.
- Experience in data analysis to identify opportunities and solutions to complex problems.
- Experience with backup technologies including cloud-based backups.
- System forensics/investigation skills, including analyzing system artifacts (file system, memory, running processes, network connections, logs).
- Possesses strong time-management skills, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with end users to meet deadlines.
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable, and a team player.
- The ability to cross-functionally lead and manage the response to high-priority, high-visibility operational security issues.
- Understand application tiering architecture (web, application, database), communication patterns, and application connectivity.
- Experience using log aggregation platforms such as Splunk.
- Able to work in a 24x7x365 operations environment, as much work will be done after business hours and on weekends.
- Strong Verbal & written communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or the equivalent of 5 – 8 years of related experience.
- Networking / System Administration certifications are a plus.
- Five (5) years’ experience with administering Windows and Linux servers.
- Five (5) years’ experience with firewall technologies.
- Five (5) years’ experience supporting middleware and/or applications.