Industry: Life Science
Work model: 99% remote (onboarding is from the Warsaw office at the very beginning and there are business trips to DK once in a while)
Assignment type: B2B
Rate: depending on experience
Contract’s length: 12 months + extensions (Long term cooperation)
Project language: English, Polish
Start: flexible / 06.01.2024
Team: You will join our team of architects, developers, analysts and data engineers in a global, high-performance department with diverse tech, analytics and Multinational backgrounds.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help us improve the development of the data pipeline for stakeholders across the organisation. You will be part of the Centre of Excellence for Data Management within Digital, Data & IT, where we focus on creating innovative, high-value products.
- You will be anchored in our data platform product team, where you will join the team creating partnerships with the business line.
- You will participate in projects, workshops and PoCs with data engineers and product teams.
- You will bring your expertise to our partners, with the possibility of more long-term assignments to specific products.
- As part of the data platform team, you will be responsible for data engineering tools, templates and practices of strategic importance to the data products and for mentoring colleagues with less experience than you.
- As a Senior Data Engineer, you will join a new team of data engineers in Poland who will be responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of our data management solutions. You will work in an Agile environment with regular sprint meetings and a daily focus on building new data solutions on AWS, Azure and other platforms.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on the components that make up our data ecosystem on AWS.
- Collaborating with colleagues, leading and defining the end-to-end architecture of our data pipeline solutions.
- Taking on the role of hands-on developer, tester, integration and deployment specialist for data pipelines.
- Building, evangelising and improving data pipeline templates that other colleagues can use to create validated solutions in a streamlined way.
- Driving continuous improvement using behaviour-based design principles, DevOps practices and compliance requirements awareness.
- Coaching and sharing knowledge with colleagues through demonstrations, co-development and sparring, ensuring that expertise is disseminated to our data engineers to enable collaborative ways of working.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Development or related field, with at least 6 years' experience working with modern cloud technologies, preferably AWS.
- Experience implementing CI/CD and working with modern build, test and deployment tools, preferably in a large organisation.
- Knowledge of Python and at least one of the following programming languages: TypeScript, Go, Java, Scala, C++, C# or Rust.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with modern data warehousing and data modelling principles.
- Experience with containerisation using Docker or similar tools.
- Experience with Spark (preferably on AWS).
- Experience with software development best practices for writing, reviewing and refactoring code.
- Ability to understand complex technical issues, form opinions and communicate with a variety of stakeholders with varying levels of technical expertise.
· Long-term cooperation.
· Transparently built relations based on trust and fair play.
· Co-financed benefits: Medicover card, Multisport card.
· Internal reference bonus.