Industry: Life Science
Work model: 100% remote
Assignment type: B2B
Rate: depending on experience
Contract’s length: 12 months + extensions (Long term cooperation)
Project language: English
Start: flexible / 1.01.2024
We are currently in search of a Business Intelligence (BI) Operational Manager who possesses a robust skill set in PowerBI, Power Query (M Query), DAX, Power Apps, and SQL.
The primary responsibility of the IO BI Ops Manager is to establish a seamless connection between our Business Datawarehouse, which is built on Snowflake and AWS Datahub, and PowerBI Premium. This connection will enable users to access validated data for consumption within PowerBI.
The ideal candidate should be an expert user of PowerBI, ensuring the smooth operation of the BI infrastructure. They will collaborate closely with Regional BI Leads and Data Warehouse teams to ensure easy access to data. Additionally, the BI Manager will maintain and update the BI Ways of Working, guiding how to effectively utilize data within PowerBI.
- Establish and maintain a strong link between our Business Data Warehouse (based on Snowflake and AWS Datahub) and PowerBI Premium.
- Create custom forms and automated workflows between Snowflake and Power BI in Power Apps for varying use cases
- Serve as an operational super-user in PowerBI, ensuring the BI infrastructure runs smoothly.
- Work closely with Regional BI Leads and Data Warehouse teams to ensure data is easily accessible and understandable.
- Ensure correct usage of Power Query (M Query), DAX and SQL to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into PowerBI.
- Ensure data accuracy and integrity by implementing quality assurance practices and set guardrails for managing Metrics and KPIs in PowerBI Premium layer.
- Update and maintain BI Ways of Working, guiding users on how to consume data via PowerBI.
- Conduct regular system audits and upgrades as necessary.
- Train and support staff in using PowerBI and other BI tools effectively.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends and technologies to ensure our BI solutions remain current.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a BI Manager or similar role.
- 2-4 years of first-hand experience developing PowerBI dashboards, including experience with PowerBI Premium, is a must.
- Proficiency in Power Query (M Query), DAX, SQL, and SQL.
- Knowledge of Snowflake and DBT is an advantage.
- Strong analytical mindset with the ability to interpret significant amounts of data.
- Experience with Power Automate is a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Confidence in communicating with Business stakeholders and translating business needs into PowerBI requirements.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Long-term cooperation
- Transparently built relations based on trust and fair play
- Co-financed benefits: Medicover card, Multisport card
- Internal reference bonus