Join a dynamic and innovative team at Arla Foods as a Cloud Operations Engineer. As a senior specialist, you'll be responsible for maintaining and supporting our cutting-edge Analytics Platform, working within a DevOps team to ensure operational stability and contribute to continuous improvement. If you have a passion for cloud computing, extensive experience with Microsoft Azure, and a desire to work for a forward-thinking company, this could be the role for you.
About the job
We are currently seeking a Cloud Operations Engineer to join our IT team in Gdansk. In this role, you will be responsible for the maintenance, support, and deployment of Arla's cloud-based analytics platform. You will work as apart of our DevOps team to ensure the smooth and reliable operation of our platform, and will act as a mentor and technical guide for junior team members. Also constantly assessing the support offering and providing feedback to improve our ways of working.
Specifically, you will:
- Ensure that all developments can be operationalized by communicating developmental needs early in the DevOps cycle
- Gain, store, and retain knowledge that can be shared and understood by the wider team and future operational resources
- Act as the go-to person for colleagues across IT
- Provide feedback and suggested improvements for ways of working
- Act as a mentor and trainer for junior team members to support their technical development
- Continuously learn and use that knowledge to keep pushing Arla forward
- Be part of the DevOps team responsible for supporting Arla's Analytics Platform
- Support analytics capabilities using Azure PaaS tools, SQL, and/or Python in a Spark-based Analytics Platform
- Contribute to the operational stability of Arla's Analytics Platform architecture
- Review product work, including detailed code, from platform contributors for approval to deploy; provide technical feedback as needed
- Ensure that there is minimum interruption of services
- Participate in building automation into DevOps pipelines
- Innovate and develop new ways of monitoring and providing insights to our platform and solutions built on top
- Step in as SRE chapter lead as required to ensure shared ways of working
Who are you?
- Strong problem-solver and trouble-shooter
- Experienced in operational tasks.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, and to mentor and guide junior team members
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Forward thinking and creative person.
- Adaptability and Collaboration are natural assets that you use everyday.
Furthermore, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- At least 4 years of experience in a similar role, preferably working with cloud services in Microsoft Azure
- Working knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Databricks/Spark, and other related services is essential
- Proficiency with Python, ARM, and SQL would be a major advantage
- Experience with ServiceNow is also an advantage
What do we offer?
At Arla, we value our IT specialists and provide a range of attractive benefits to support your personal and professional growth:
- Trainings with industry experts and a comprehensive induction program.
- Financial support for ongoing education and professional development.
- Flexibility in working hours and the option to work from home.
- Medical care and life insurance coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program offering legal, psychological, health, and financial consulting.
- Additional perks like gym memberships, vouchers, travel points, and cinema tickets.
- Home kit including a monitor, laptop, keyboard, mouse, headsets, and webcam.
- Relaxation breaks to recharge and maintain work-life balance.
- Relocation allowance for a smooth transition to our vibrant city.
- Referral program for employees to earn rewards by recommending top talent.
- Additional holiday days based on length of employment (up to 4 days).
Welcome to Arla
Arla's Global IT team is a powerhouse of over 200+ highly skilled IT specialists across Denmark, Germany, the United Kingdom, and Poland. In addition to this impressive group, we work with approximately 800 consultants who are experts in SAP, Microsoft, cloud-based solutions, and targeted business needs.
But here at Arla, we're not just about making some of the world's most beloved dairy products. We're about making healthy taste delicious, making mornings worth getting out of bed for, and making family dinners unforgettable. Our iconic brands, such as Arla®, Castello®, and Lurpak®, are more than just products; they're an integral and natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the globe.