Job purpose and overview:
The Information Systems team plays a foundational role in Appfire's growth by building, maintaining, and supporting our IT enterprise systems and infrastructure. Comprised of the IT Support Engineering, IT Infrastructure, Technical Writing, and IT Special Projects teams, the Information Systems group directly impacts all Appfire's employees by helping them get a fast resolution to internal issues, managing our IT infrastructure and operations, and ensuring the Information Systems team continuously scales to support our rapidly growing company.
What you will do:
This role requires hands-on experience and knowledge of maintaining a wide range of corporate IT solutions, software, and best practices from the industry. This role is also a mixture of approximately 60% technical and 40% people management responsibilities, requiring the management of highly talented IT support engineers driving the IT support activities on the frontline.
- Work with IT Manager and Director to create plans for achieving the department goals, and convert them into operational procedures to manage, measure, and motivate team growth.
- Manage medium to large projects by breaking them down into weekly sprints, assigning across team members, scheduling in line with dependencies, tracking the progress, and ensuring timely completion.
- Ensure support tickets are triaged and resolved per published SLAs by working closely with team members and monitoring their project assignments.
- Have attention to detail in reviewing the quality of the work delivered by team members to offer support for their continual improvement and their progress in becoming subject matter experts.
- Direct involvement in escalated/delayed/priority issues in filling up the gaps, expediting the resolutions, improving communication, and thus enhancing end-user satisfaction.
- Supervise the team workload during daily and weekly sessions, manage priorities, offer technical guidance, mentor professional development, and provide constructive feedback to improve on any team member’s shortcomings.
- Ensure that procedures and best practices in the IT Operations knowledge base are documented, kept up-to-date, and followed.
- Supervise people’s responsibilities such as conflict resolution, goal setting, recruitment, onboarding, performance reviews, Training, and promotions when necessary.
What we would like to see:
- 7+ years experience providing L1/L2/L3 IT support via a ticketing system.
- 5 + years of hands-on experience as a Linux system administrator, including a solid understanding of the Linux file system, DNS, and SSL.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in AWS (IAM, S3, EC2, Route 53, RDS).
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in Network administration and desktop support preferably both on Macintosh & Windows OS
- 2+ years of hands-on experience providing support on applications such as Google Workspace, Slack, and Zoom.
- 2+ years of experience in managing a team of at least 5 individuals, being responsible for both managerial and technical work
- Ability to work independently and under pressure on 5 or more concurrent projects or critical tasks.
- Experience with the administration of Atlassian products, Virtualisation technologies, and scripting languages is a definite plus.
- Graduate in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a comparable discipline.
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills in English to all levels within the organization.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage others’ time efficiently, including meeting target dates and not overlooking any tasks or issues that need to be addressed.
What we offer:
- Every Appfire employee is eligible for company equity
- 26 paid days off, regardless of years of experience
- Wellness Days – additional time off each month to recharge and take care of yourself
- Training- Appfire University
- Indefinite Employment Contract from day one, no trial periods
- Private healthcare, including psychological care
- MyBenefit Platform – 150 PLN/month to spend on available shops, restaurants, gyms, etc./Multisport card
- Home Office allowance – 200 PLN/month to cover your electricity and internet bills
- Lunch Card – 300 PLN/month to spend on groceries/restaurants (excluding alcohol and other excise duties items)
- Life Insurance
- English language courses