With 900+ employees in Poland supporting over 45 clients, we leverage our holistic portfolio of capabilities in consulting, design, engineering, operations, and emerging technologies to help clients realize their boldest ambitions and build future-ready, sustainable businesses. It is the freedom provided to every individual at Wipro to learn, grow and create a career path that makes us an organization of opportunities beyond boundaries. Beyond boundaries of region, age, gender, ability, and routine. We invite you to be a part of this experience!
Title: System Administrator (IBMi-iSeries/ AS/400)
Location: Gdansk/ Remote, Poland
Duration: Permanent/ Fulltime
The AS/400 System Administrator responsible for delivery of AS/400 (IBM i) IT Infrastructure elements both on premise and on cloud hosted environments. Migration and implementation expertise of On-premises would be a key advantage and differentiator.
- Understand the client’s overall IT architecture and AS/400 environment.
- Working in Account Delivery, he would be a part of the Technical Transition of IBMi specific from the incumbent SME.
- Candidate should be capable of solving complex technical problems, communicating. technical concepts to clients and peers with mixed levels of technical abilities, and making sound technical and architectural decisions independently.
- Where required, he would work with the Team Lead to design and implementation of migrations be it newer hardware on premise hosting or to the public cloud.
- Besides supporting BAU/Day to day operations, candidate will be responsible and accountable for handling and resolving P1/P2 incidents till closure & RCA thereafter.
- Provide Technical Support for Business System Architecture Planning & Design.
- Owning and managing system security at IBMi level.
- Debug minor OS, DB2 and other ISV product problems and apply fixes if necessary.
- Work with IBM/ISVs for technical support if necessary.
- IBM and other ISV software installation and maintenance.
- Manage and secure network connectivity and communications related to the IBMi platform.
- Establish and adhere to IT industry best practices and standards for client’s Power Systems for IBMi (AS/400).
- Consult with end users, leadership, vendors, and technicians to assess IBMi system requirements.
- Should be capable of working with a team in carrying out core activities such as system build and implementations, migrations, OS upgrades, DR exercises and handling P1 incidents.
- The role requires provision of out of hours support for the implementation of hardware/software changes and support for other projects requiring IBMi infrastructure expertise as well as being part of an on-call rota.
- Should be ready and available to work on various time zones depending on client needs.
Skill and Experience (Essential)
- Engineering Degree with 3-5+ years of experience in IT AS/400 System Administration support in a high demand-based, service-oriented environment.
- Sound hands on experience in working on AS/400 environments as a System Administrator with experience in LPAR administrator, System Capacity & Performance tuning, OS & other third-party Software installation, upgrade, and maintenance.
- Experience working in international business environments with complex AS/400 environments either on-site or in the cloud.
- Experience in architecting Hardware system & OS upgrades is key.
- Hands on experience in Monitoring Tool: Icinga; HA: PowerHA and BRMS software.
- Familiarity with third party monitoring software will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of performing ‘Performance Tuning’ of the AS/400 environment.
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of AS/400 hardware, software, networked related devices and AS/400 client-access software, journaling, HMC management etc.
- Should possess the knowledge and ability to do fail-over testing from Production to DR system in a HA software replication environment.
- Advanced knowledge of setting up, managing, and administering HA replication software such as MIMIX, iTera, etc.
- Sound experience in Backup/Recovery using BRMS.
- Average CL scripting skills is a requirement.
- Should be an expert with hands-on knowledge and experience on various IBM Power System models.
- Ability to independently plan and lead an AS/400 migration and implementation project team is critical.
- Public cloud (especially Azure/AWS/GCP/IBM) knowledge would be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of AS/400 Migration and implementation from On-premises to Skytap on Azure or any other public/hybrid cloud would be a key differentiator.
- Good and effective written and oral communication.
- Good understanding of ITIL modules like Incident, Asset, Problem and Change Management.
- German (mother tongue or min. B2 Level)
- English (mother tongue or min. B1 Level)
What we offer:
- Strong flexible benefits package that you can tailor to your own needs and choose Multisport card, shop vouchers and many others – MyBenefit cafeteria
- Premium insurance for medical services for employee and family members- Luxmed
- Life & Disability Insurance for employees and family members- Generali
- Profitable Voluntary Pension Fund
- Social Funds benefits: holiday bonuses, allowance for kindergartens, etc.
- Integration and cultural events for employees
- Reward and recognition program for high performers
- Employee Referral bonuses
- Relocation assistance - Accommodation, travel and other expenses covered
- Friendly and chill atmosphere and company culture
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, sexual and political orientation and disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.