🤓 Tech Lead PHP & JS
13 000 - 17 000 PLN gross
🌍 Westwing Sp. z o.o. | Twarda, 18, Warszawa🖥 http://www.westwing.pl/career
👉 Nice to have:
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 8 years on the market, we have grown to more than 254 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? We are looking for an awesome Tech Lead with strong PHP and JS background.
Who are we:
Our team is located in our Warsaw office in the city center. Despite this fact, we’re closely cooperating with HQ in Munich where the Product Manager is located. We’re currently growing the team to the size of 6 Software Engineers specializing in Frontend and Backend technologies.
What we are doing:
The team is responsible for our lovely, content-rich landing pages and overall promotional integrations between all of our systems. We’re focusing on the tech SEO side of our applications so that our customers can easily find us and have a great experience while using our beautiful websites.
What you will do:
- Manage a cross-functional team building services written in PHP and NodeJS.
- Design, build and maintain scalable and highly available services.
- Introduce great looking and blazing speed features in our existing systems.
- Ensure your services are well tested, architected, meet our coding standards and have proper logging, monitoring and alerting.
- Set up processes and methodologies optimized for shipping code.
- Mentor developers from various disciplines and ensuring their constant professional growth.
- Work closely with product owners and business stakeholders to design technical solutions to fit product needs.
What we offer:
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy. Deck out your workstation with whichever editors, tools and accessories you need to feel at home.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.
What we expect from you:
- Several years of experience in PHP 7 development of large scale and highly available applications
- Several years of experience in the regular frontend stack - JS/CSS3/HTML5
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead role. Managing people is just as exciting as managing software.
- Passion for shipping. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given.
- Architecture skills – both code and infrastructure. Acronyms like SOLID and DDD make you excited. People know you as that person who is always talking about “Decoupling”, “Onions” and “Hexagons”.
- Strong communication skills – You are able to explain complex technical topics to non-technical counterparts in a simple and understandable way.
- English - B2/C1 is a must.
What we appreciate:
- Knowledge about the technical SEO side of the web
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive attitude in suggesting solutions and improvements
Interested? Looking forward to your full application under specification of your possible starting date and salary expectation.