🤓 Search & Product Discovery Tech Lead
14 000 - 20 000 PLN gross
🌍 Westwing Sp. z o.o. | Twarda 18, Warszawa🖥 https://justjoin.it/brands/story/westwing
👉 Nice to have:
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 900,000 customers in 11 countries. In only 8 years on the market, we have grown to more than 254 million Euros in annual revenue. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
The Westwing team is the secret to our success. Our more than 1,100 team members balance creativity and style with innovative technology and strong business fundamentals. We are proud to be working with inspiring colleagues who are smart, fun, ambitious, and looking for the challenge to transform an industry and take it into the future.
Do you think this could be you? To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for Search and Product Discovery Tech Lead (m/f/d). In this position, you will lead a team of engineers to build and maintain the architecture and infrastructure of our Search, Sorting/Ranking, Linguistic and Ontology services.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing a cross functional team building services written in Scala, Python and NodeJS
- Building and maintaining scalable, highly available, business critical services
- Ensuring your services are well tested, architected, meet our coding standards and have proper logging, monitoring and alerting
- Setting up processes and methodologies optimized for shipping code
- Mentoring developers from various disciplines and ensuring their constant professional growth
- Working closely with product owners and business stakeholders to design technical solutions to fit product needs
You come with:
- Several years of experience working with Elastic Search as a search engine - preferably in a company where Search is a key part of the business model.
- 3+ years of experience working with Scala and you know Typelevel libraries.
- 1+ years of experience in a team lead role. Managing people is just as exciting as managing software.
- Passion for shipping. Trunk Based Development is a plus. CI/CD is a must. Putting code live every day is a given.
- Architecture skills – both code and infrastructure. Acronyms like SOLID and DDD make you excited. People know you as that person who is always talking about “Decoupling”, “Onions” and “Hexagons”.
- Strong communication skills – You are able to explain complex technical topics to non-technical counterparts in a simple and understandable way.
- An open-minded tech organization with a “best tool for the job” attitude. Freedom to choose your tools and technology gives plenty of room for learning and experimentation.
- A continuous self-improvement environment. Access to e-learning portals, budget for conferences and paid certifications are just some of the ways we help you be your best self.
- A great atmosphere. Team events and hackathons are some of the ways we make our office a place you want to hang out.
- Ability to define your job. We are always happy to help you take new responsibilities and help you grow into the role you want.
- A brand-new top-of-the-line MacBook Pro with whichever accessories you fancy. Deck out your workstation with whichever editors, tools and accessories you need to be feel at home.
- Internal mobility. If you want to learn something new or try a new team, we have a “team-rotation” program which allows you to switch to open positions in other teams.