🤓 Software Engineer PHP
8 000 - 15 000 PLN gross
🌍 Westwing | Twarda, 18, Warszawa🖥 http://www.westwing.pl
👉 Nice to have:
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our more than 30 million members in 14 countries on three continents. In 6 years on the market, we have grown to more than 250 million Euros in annual sales, and the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
To pursue our ambitious expansion strategy, we are looking for a SoftwareEngineer with PHP. Are you an awesome web application developer? You will work together with more than 100 talented engineers designing, developing and maintaining complex web application and services for our eCommerce platform. Besides PHP, we run services using NodeJS, GOlang, Scala.
In this position, you will be working on developing and maintaining scalable and robust applications, both internal and customer-facing. A new team member will participate in all phases of producing our applications: discussing a possible solution, designing the architecture, coding it and reviewing code produced by other team members, covering it with automated tests and deploying to different environments. Adhering to agile SW-development methodologies you will ensure high code quality and enforce best practices by communicating and sharing them with other team members.
About the team:
Our team is located in Warsaw, but we’re closely cooperating with HQ in Munich where the Product Manager is located. The team currently consists of Software Engineers specializing in both Frontend and Backend technologies and is lead by an Engineering Manager located at the place, in the Warsaw office.
About the projects:
The team is responsible for the technical SEO aspect of our applications. We ensure that our website is easily crawable by bots and visible high in search results. Besides that the team helps with all marketing related topics: starting with promotional websites, special landing pages and overall promotional integrations between all of our systems.
- PHP 7+, Node JS, ES6+
- PHPUnit, Behat, PHPCS, PHP Stan
- RabbitMQ, MySQL, Memcache
- Git, Docker, Jenkins, AWS
You come with:
- Good knowledge about web applications development in PHP
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Ability to work with and debug unfamiliar, existing code
- Nice to have: experience with technical SEO (but you will learn it with us)
- Fluency in English
- Everyday use of modern development tools/frameworks
- A truly shaping tech position with high degrees of responsibility and autonomy
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development (e.g. hackathons, certifications, budget for conferences)
- A position in a high-caliber Tech team with like-minded developers
- Attractive working environment in a dynamically growing eCommerce sector involving steep training curves and flat command structure
- You can choose your employment contract type (UoP, B2B)