🤓 Senior PHP Developer
8 000 - 15 000 PLN gross
🌍 Westwing | Twarda 18, Warszawa🖥 http://www.westwing.pl
👉 Nice to have:
The Westwing mission is to inspire and make every home a beautiful home. We are on a quest to bring the wonders of eCommerce for home & living to our customers in 11 European countries. In less than 7 years on the market, we have grown to 220 million Euros in revenues in 2017. More importantly, the opportunity ahead of us is massive.
To pursue our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Senior Software Engineer (PHP) (m/f). In this position, you will work developing the Westwing warehouse management system. The application is currently used in 6 of our warehouses spread across 5 countries (Germany, France, Poland, Spain and Italy). It manages all the processes in the warehouse, starting from the inbound of the items, going through the whole lifecycle of an inventory item, packaging it and delivering it to the customer as well as the tracking of the shipments and the returns.
Core technologies used in the application:
PHP 7, MySQL, Docker, RabbitMQ, RESTful APIs, Memcached, AWS, git, Jenkins/GitLab CI
Our team of 13 people is located in both Warsaw and in Munich. The team consists of Software Engineers, Quality Assurance and Project Managers and is managed by an Engineering Manager.
The Warsaw part of the team is managed by a Tech Lead, who will be your direct supervisor.
You will work on:
- Developing robust backend logic of a warehouse management system
- Developing communication with other internal systems using APIs and message queues
- Keeping the performance of a high traffic system
- Profiling and debugging challenging cases using industry-leading tools (e.g. NewRelic, Blackfire)
- Maintaining and extending AWS infrastructure, CI pipelines, Docker containers, tools used for logging/monitoring
- Excellent knowledge of PHP (any framework) and databases (MySQL)
- Good knowledge of other backend technologies such as Memcached/Redis, Docker etc.
- Nice to have: knowledge of AWS, RabbitMQ
- Experience in unit & functional testing
- Experience in designing and implementing communication between systems (API / messaging queues)
- Ability to work in an English-speaking team
- 8 000 - 15 000 zł employment contract / B2B
- Working in international environment with experienced software engineers and architects
- Being a part of an autonomous team responsible for choosing tools and technologies
- Plenty of room for personal growth and professional development: internal hackatons, knowledge-sharing sessions, team events
- Yearly conference budget
- Financing all top industry certifications
- Private health care, gym membership