🤓 Senior Software Engineer
4 200 - 5 800 EUR gross
🌍 WATTx | Tempelhofer Ufer 1, Berlin🖥 https://wattx.io/
Senior Software Engineer @ WATTx (Remote)
Are you a self-starter who ’s always eager to take on new challenges? Do you have a good taste of design and can spot a bad one from a mile away?
At WATTx, we are rolling out the concept of remote work and looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our ranks. As one of the pioneers of the WATTx remote, you will be a part of the Engineering Team, responsible for solving challenging industrial problems and work closely with the core team based in Berlin. Engineering culture at WATTx has been shaped around principles of user centric design and agile software development. We work in autonomous teams, value pragmatism over idealism, simplicity over complexity and technological agnosticism over fundamentalism, and are looking for people who share these values.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Technical design and implementation of the product
- Contributing to planning and specifying the product roadmap
- Close collaboration with the founders, engineers, researchers, venture developers, data scientists and HR specialists
- Regular and proactive communication with the team via email, Slack and other relevant tools
What you need to start your mission:
- 5 years of experience in designing and building complex software systems
- Deep knowledge about software design patterns and antipatterns
- 5 years of experience with one of the following programming languages: Golang, Ruby, Python
- 3 years of experience working on real-time data processing, knowledge of TImescaleDB, InfluxDB or VoltDB is a plus
- Extensive experience designing and writing automated test suites
- Experience designing or operating distributed systems
- Experience with Docker or similar containerization technology
- Experience performing code reviews and pair-programming with other software engineers
- Experience working in remote positions without close supervision
- Proactive communication and excellent teamwork skills
- Comfort in learning and using digital tools (e.g. Slack, Trello)
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks
- Self motivation to deliver projects on agreed deadlines
Nice to have:
- Experience with designing software for embedded platforms
- Experience with Kubernetes
- DevOps skills
What We offer:
- Work on shaping real products at various stages of development
- A competitive compensation package.
- Ownership over your projects and an empowered working environment.
- Continuous collaboration with the team in Berlin
- Possibility to participate in Monthly hackathons
WATTx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technologies in the industrial and consumer Internet of things. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers and designers, venture developers, and strategists. We identify opportunity areas and then conduct research and ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners.