🤓 Senior Java to be Scala Developer
15 000 - 20 000 PLN netto
🌍 VirtusLab | ul. Smoleńsk 21, Kraków🖥 http://virtuslab.com/
You are a great Java developer, not doubt about that. And because of that you often struggle with the boilerplate, limited expressiveness of the Java language, overall mutability, exceptions and extinguish a NullPointerException fire. You would love to try this new async way of building applications but you are stucked with the completely synchronous Java libraries. Or maybe you just want to know more about Typeclasses, Tagging, Validation and other cool features from functional world? Wouldn’t be nice to learn all of this in real world examples?
Sounds great? We have a job for you!
For the new project position we are looking for passionate and experienced Java engineer wanted to be a great Scala engineer as well, Someone who:
- has deep understanding of Java language,
- has in-depth understanding of modern web technologies, distributed and async programming,
- has good grasp on modern concepts/techniques like CQRS, Event Sourcing, eventual consistency, has experience in non-relational data models (NoSQL, ideally MongoDB) and search engines (Elasticsearch),
- understands the problems and intricacies of highly scalable, cloud based infrastructures,
- has an experience in analyzing and implementing solutions for challenging business requirements,
- can use their experience to continuously improve the resilience and performance of this business critical applications,
- can speak fluent English
We provide also professional training to start quickly with Scala (we are certified Lightbend partner, see: Virtusity).
We take on projects in various sectors (finance, e-commerce, software tools development, manufacturing etc) and for customers around the world (usually outside of Poland, in the UK, US, Dubai, Shanghai, Australia).
As a company we are mostly focused on Lightbend technologies (Scala, Akka, Play, Spark), but there are exceptions. Often our projects are of unprecedented scale or complexity (including working with one of the largest Scala codebases in the world, or applying custom modifications to the Scala compiler itself).
We are based in Cracow, Poland. We allow some sporadic remote work (usually 1 or 2 days a week), but the bulk of the work is to be done in our office with the rest of the team.
What to expect
We rely heavily on industry best practices and put a lot of emphasis on code quality, scalability, performance, availability and robustness. We take these things very seriously.
In most of our projects:
- we peer-review 100% of our code,
- we use continuous integration and deployment,
- we constantly test product performance to meet requirements,
- we use tools for static code analysis,
- we use and encourage contributing to open source projects.
We put emphasis on internal training. We even have a department which specializes in internal and external training. We also participate in and sponsor many technical conferences (both in Poland and abroad) and encourage employees to present speeches, run workshops or even become certified trainers. The professional growth of our team is an important part of our company culture.
If this sounds interesting to you, just get in touch and tell us about yourself.