🤓 Junior Big Data Engineer
4 000 - 8 000 PLN brutto
🌍 VirtusLab | ul. Smoleńsk 21, Kraków🖥 http://www.virtuslab.com
👉 Nice to have:
Could you be/become the passionate Data Software Engineer we’re looking for?
For more Junior positions we don’t require experience, but drive and ability to get there.
So for a Wannabe we are looking for someone who:
- is passionate about applications of big data (from data engineering to machine learning modelling),
- has grounded knowledge and understanding of data structures, algorithms and distributed computing,
- familiarity with Java or Scala and willingness to pick up new ones (eg python)
A more senior roles would require:
- production experience with big data technology stacks (eg Hortonworks),
- understanding of the problems and intricacies of highly scalable, data-driven, distributed applications,
- a good grasp of Java or Scala
We are not very much concerned with your formal education or any other formalism. What we are concerned with is your passion, knowledge and experience.
The particular project we have in mind for the role is to make tons of data work for a world-famous client of ours. The scale allows - for applying machine learning pipelines, which you would be part of as well.
In general though - we take on projects in various sectors (finance, e-commerce, software tools development, manufacturing etc) and for customers around the world (usually outside of Poland in the UK, US, Dubai, Shanghai, Australia).
As a company we are mostly focused on Lightbend technologies (Scala, Akka, Play, Spark), but there are exceptions. Often our projects are of unprecedented scale or complexity (including working with one of the largest Scala codebases in the world, or applying custom modifications to the Scala compiler itself).
We are based in Cracow, Poland. We allow some sporadic remote work (usually 1 or 2 days a week), but the bulk of the work is to be done in our office with the rest of the team.
What to expect
We rely heavily on industry best practices and put a lot of emphasis on code quality, scalability, performance, availability and robustness. We take these things very seriously.
In most of our projects:
- we peer-review 100% of our code,
- we use continuous integration and deployment,
- we constantly test product performance to meet requirements,
- we use tools for static code analysis,
- we use and encourage contributing to open source projects.
We put emphasis on internal training. We even have a department which specializes in internal and external training. We also participate in and sponsor many technical conferences (both in Poland and abroad) and encourage employees to present speeches, run workshops or even become certified trainers. The professional growth of our team is an important part of our company culture.
If this sounds interesting to you, just get in touch and tell us about yourself.