🤓 Java to be Scala Engineer
12 000 - 16 000 PLN net
🌍 VirtusLab | Smoleńsk 21, Kraków🖥 http://virtuslab.com/
👉 Nice to have:
Have you ever thought about working in a project where all the users are Scala Developers?
We are looking someone who:
- is willing to learn Scala
- has a deep understanding of Java, including its functional aspects
- has solid experience with the JVM platform,
- has solid knowledge and understanding of structures/algorithms,
- knows git quite well
- has worked with and knows at least one build tool (preferably gradle or sbt) and CI server (preferably Jenkins)
Our team is developing a toolset for one of the biggest Scala codebases in the world (over 2 MLoc). We are focused on the whole developer experience including:
- compiler performance,
- Intellij customization (with custom presentation compiler),
- test distribution,
- advanced code review tooling,
- plugins for the Gradle build system similar to Netflix Nebula
Due to the size of the codebase and the team that develops it (over 300 developers and business analysts), practically every aspect of the software development requires the customized tools that we are providing.
Most of our code is written in Scala but we also use Groovy (for gradle plugins), Python (for scripts) and Typescript (for code in the browser). We are using gradle (and sometimes sbt), git, Jira, bitbucket (stash)and Jenkins.
Developing/fixing open source tools/libraries is often part of our work. For example:
- expression evaluator for ScalaIDE, Hot Code Replace or Drop to frame support
- support for the newest Zinc version in the Scala intelliJ plugin,
- Scala contributions (1, 2, 3)
- Zinc contributions
We are responsible for our code architecture and design choices (after client approval). We have a lot of freedom in picking the right solution and we often test and evaluate new solutions. We have full ownership of the created solution, which means that we need to provide support for it. This is done only in working hours and in a quite limited way. Remote work is possible even up to 60% of the time, and we also offer in-house training and events.
If this sounds interesting to you, just get in touch and tell us about yourself.