🤓 Senior Java Engineer (Data Science)
🌍 Viacom.Tech | Mokotowska 19, Warszawa🖥 http://viacom.tech
Viacom Warsaw Software Development Center is looking for a rock solid Senior Java Software Engineer, who will join our newly created Data Science team. We need someone with professional, hands-on experience in the area of Data Science, willing to pursue new methods of data analysis and apply them in our projects. You should be driven to deliver quality software suitable for the high-availability nature of television broadcasting.
If this roughly describes you and you are an Agile engineer who wants to be at the core of some of the biggest brands of pop culture, such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount, then you may be reading about your next job right now!
Senior Java Software Engineer (Data Science)
Job type: Full time, regular
- Designing robust and scalable software solutions with the focus on the application of Data Science technologies
- Building new and optimizing existing applications (serving heavy traffic, requiring high efficiency and resistant to failures)
- Creating technical documentation
- Improving automated test coverage (unit/integration/user acceptance tests, etc.)
- Resolving technically advanced problems
- Keeping up to date with modern back-end web technologies
- Sharing knowledge and guiding less experienced team members
- 6+ years of relevant professional experience plus a Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience combined with a Bachelor’s degree
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of the following areas: Data Science, Big Data, Data Mining, Machine Learning
- Strong experience with Scala or Java and knowledge of at least one other OOP or FP language
- Understanding of the REST architectural style and how it relates to the HTTP protocol
- Working knowledge of at least one major app framework (e.g. Spring 3, JAX-RS, Rails, Django)
- Experience with web servers (e.g. Apache HTTPd, NGINX, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss)
- Experience with build and dependency management tools (sbt, Maven, npm)
- Familiarity with Agile development process (Scrum, TDD) and comfort in using CI approach
- Experience in working with Unix/Linux environment
- Very good English language skills (verbal and written)
Nice to have:
- Working knowledge of various open source web APIs, libraries, and frameworks (e.g. JQuery, Angular, ReactJS, backbone.js, Jasmine, Buster.js, etc.)
- Challenging projects targeting large international communities, using modern development and deployment technologies
- An Agile and growing team of software engineers creating products accessible everywhere
- Great benefits package: private healthcare, fitness card, and lots of team building events
- Competitive salary tailored to your skills and experience and plenty of opportunities for personal and career development
- Brand new office located in the strict city center (2 mins walk from Metro Politechnika) with cool fun zones
- Last, but not least, we do great stuff for the global brands, such as Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, and Paramount!
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV in English to the following address: email@example.com.
To find out more about Viacom visit http://viacom.tech/
We kindly inform you that we will contact only selected candidates.
Please provide a clause: I agree to the processing of personal data contained in the application of employment for present and future recruitment processes purpose by VIMN Poland Sp. z o.o. located at Mokotowska 19, 00-560 Warsaw as the data controller. I also agree to the transfer of personal data contained in job applications to companies in the Viacom Group. I also confirm that I have been informed about no obligation to provide personal data and the right of access to them, and the possibility of correcting them.