🤓 Senior/ Mid Python Developer
8 500 - 12 000 PLN gross
🌍 Vewd Software | Grabarska 2, Wrocław🖥 http://vewd.com
For decades cable has been king in the realm of home entertainment. Now consumers are skipping cable for the flexibility of smart devices and subscription services. Challenging the status quo for the companies that provide set top boxes and TVs – that’s where Vewd comes in. We create a seamless, reliable viewing experience that works with smart devices and connects you to your favorite media. Next time you’re watching Netflix on a TV, you can thank Vewd!
Right now we seek exceptional and experienced Python Developer to our product team in Wrocław. We need your help to continue innovation and market lead into Vewd services, that are available worldwide for millions of users.
Your job will focus on developing our backends, and boosting their performance. You’ll build APIs, tune search engines and have strong influence on the final shape of Vewd Store, Vewd Snap and recently introduced Vewd OS. We’re eager to experiment and have fun with new technologies!
We provide an invigorating work environment, including our legendary Thursday beer! We also provide delicious free breakfasts, excellent coffee, massages, playstation and more.
What you bring:
- Good understanding of Python programming language and experience with Python 3
- Good understanding of HTTP protocol
- Proficiency with a relational database management system of choice (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Experience in building backend services for web applications (especially web APIs and RESTful services)
- Experience in working with Docker and/or related tools
- Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities and how to prevent them
- Good English skills, both written and spoken
Nice to have:
- Some knowledge in search engines and distributed tasks queues
- Experience with service-oriented architectures and/or microservices
- Knowledge of modern web authentication protocols (OAuth, OAuth2.0, OIDC etc.)
- Knowledge of AWS services stack
- Proficiency with technologies we use
Technologies we use:
- Docker, Kubernetes and Helm for deployments and management of environments
- Git, GitLab, and GitLab CI for code reviews, testing and deployments
- Python frameworks: Django (+Django REST framework), asyncio, aiohttp
- ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) for handling of all logs
- AWS (EC2, S3, LB, RDS, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch…)
- NoSQL: Redis, Solr, Elasticsearch
- Queueing: RabbitMQ, Celery
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work with a group of experienced and talented engineers in an international organization
- Super friendly and well equipped workplace
- Flexible working environment to keep you inspired, productive and able to enjoy your time at work
- Participation in creating and shaping a superior product used by millions of people worldwide
- Support with training and expanding your skills, the web is a fast moving world and staying nimble is essential. Your growth is our growth!
- Oh, and also: a good salary! B2B is also possible: 70 - 96 zł net/h