🤓 Java Software Engineer
10 000 - 13 000 CHF gross
🌍 swissQuant | Beatenplatz, Zürich🖥 https://www.swissquant.com/en/
You will be part of our team of developers and responsible for the development and delivery of tools, software and services for our clients in the financial and industrial sectors. You will create industry leading software components for portfolio construction, portfolio optimization, pricing and risk models, risk management, private client advisory, algorithms and computational methods and optimization frameworks.
You are an experienced Agile programmer and you can work independently or as part of small teams in the development and delivery of software components and services. Depending on your seniority you define, develop and test high quality features along with developers and support the team in software design, code delivery and maintenance. You will also implement mathematical models and prototypes or web user interfaces, for example. You will be expected to devote time to independent and directed learning, and to gain expertise in finance and technology.
To be a successful candidate, you must fulfil the following requirements:
- Minimum 1-year work experience with Java programming, ideally in a quant or finance related field
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Basic understanding of ordinary least squares and quadratic programming is a plus
- Knowledge of any core banking system is a plus (Avaloq, Finnova, etc.)
- Excellent computer programming skills, particularly in core
- Effective project management and time management skills
- Solid understanding of financial instruments and their characteristics
- Language skills: English (fluent) and preferably German (working proficiency)
- Eligible to live and work in Switzerland