🤓 Data Engineer
10 000 - 16 000 PLN net
🌍 Sunscrapers Sp. z o. o. | Pokorna 2, Warszawa🖥 https://sunscrapers.com/
👉 Nice to have:
Are you ready to take the challenge?
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Warsaw or remotely.
Sunscrapers is a Warsaw based software development shop that helps innovative startups, businesses and corporations use technology to make a positive impact on the world.
Our mission is to create world-class software while becoming true technology partners for our clients. We’re united by a work culture based on feedback, continuous improvement and determination in pursuing our goals. Our team is made up of ambitious and talented specialists who - through their work - want to make a dent in the universe.
As a Data Engineer you’ll design and implement core systems that enable data science and data visualization at companies that implement data-driven decision process to create a competitive advantage. You’ll build data lakes, data warehouses and data pipelines using:
- Technologies: Python, Terraform, SQL, Pandas, NumPy, Shell scripts
- Tools: Apache Airflow, Jupyter Notebook, Docker, Kubernetes, Vagrant, Snowflake, Gitlab, TeamCity/Jenkins, Artifactory, Windows 10
- AWS: EC2, ELB, IAM, Lambda, RDS, Route53, S3, Athena, Redshift
- Best Practices: Continuous Integration, Code Reviews, Scrum
The ideal candidate will be well organized, eager to constantly improve and learn, driven and, most of all - a team player!
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing data technology stacks including data lakes, data warehouses and ETL pipelines
- Building data flows for fetching, aggregation and data modeling using batch and streaming pipelines
- Developing reusable library code, infrastructure and toolsets for data scientists
- Designing datasets and schemes for consistency and easy access
- Creating solutions that enable data scientists and business analysts to be self-sufficient as much as possible.
- Documenting design decisions before implementation
What's important for us?
- At least 2 years of professional experience in data-related role, software engineering or DevOps
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or similar
- Expertise in Python and SQL languages
- Experience in designing data warehouses
- Experience with different types of database technologies (RDBMS, noSQL, etc.)
- Experience in building ETL processes and data pipelines with platforms like Airflow or Luigi
- Expertise in AWS stack and services
- Great analytical skills and attention to detail - asking questions and proactively searching for answers
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Great customer service and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent technical documentation and writing skills
- Ability to work with both Windows and Unix-like operating systems as the primary work environments
- Excellent command in spoken and written English, at least C1
You will score extra points for:
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools, like Terraform
- Familiarity with data visualization using BI tools, like Tableau or similar
- Proficiency in statistics and machine learning, as well as Python libraries like Pandas, NumPy, matplotlib, seaborn, scikit-learn, etc
- Experience in operating within a secure networking environment, like a corporate proxy
- Experience in working with repository manager, for example Jfrog Artifactory
What do we offer?
- Working alongside a talented team of software engineers who are changing the image of Poland abroad
- Culture of teamwork, professional development and knowledge sharing (https://www.youtube.com/user/sunscraperscom)
- Flexible working hours and remote work possibility
- In-house workshops and tech talks
- Comfortable office in a penthouse in central Warsaw, equipped with all the necessary tools for conquering the universe (Macbook Pro, external screen, ergonomic chairs)
- Fully equipped kitchen with fruits, hot and cold drinks.
- Budget for events and conferences
- Multisport card
- Private medical care
- Free access to the best tools and software for developing your skills and work effectively (JetBrains IDEs, egghead, Adobe Creative Clouds and anything else that you might need)
- Culture of quality feedback: code reviews, evaluation meetings, mentoring.
- We value and appreciate our engineers eagerness to learn and improve so we strongly encourage and support their growth!
Sounds like a perfect place for you? Don’t hesitate to click apply and submit your application today!