🤓 Senior ServiceNow Developer
12 000 - 16 000 PLN net
🌍 SPOC S.A. | ul. Szyperska 14, Poznań🖥 https://spoc.pl/
Are you a Senior ServiceNow Developer ready for the next chapter in your ServiceNow story? If so, why not consider a move to SPOC, one of Europe’s leading independent ServiceNow partners.
Since 2010, SPOC has partnered numerous companies to help them deliver exceptional experiences on the ServiceNow platform. The team has steadily grown from humble beginnings to become a substantial force in the ServiceNow ecosystem in central Europe.
Team retention is a key aspect of strategic growth. The company values each employee and helps individuals flourish, to be the best version of themselves. A synergy of professionalism and a relaxed working atmosphere makes SPOC a perfect choice for those looking to move away from a heavily structured working environment.
What we offer
- Work in an environment entirely dedicated to ServiceNow: over 100 specialists (developers, testers, business analysts, project managers). We do nothing but ServiceNow!
- Find your way: become a team leader, trainer, subject matter expert or be just a great senior developer
- Push ServiceNow to its limits: business applications designed from scratch are the majority of the work we deliver. Say ‘no’ to the tedious configuration of the platform, say ‘yes’ to real development.
- Although we have true specialists (SMEs) in niche areas (like Integrations or ServicePortal), we believe that all developers should have a good understanding of all crucial elements of the platform. You can develop your AngularJS/Service Portal skills in one project, then move over to backend scripting in the next one and practice your integrations abilities in yet another project.
- Our developers have a constant possibility to gain and exchange knowledge and ideas: attending Knowledge Conference in Vegas or EMEA Partner Summit in Barcelona, running SPOC ServiceNow Hackathons (first in Poland), our monthly Knowledge Thursday meetings (pizza, beer, and a bunch of exciting stuff from ServiceNow world) are just some of the examples.
- Team Leaders have a substantial training budget for their teams.
- Take a deep breath in a non-corporate atmosphere: although we care about the professionalism of the services delivered we achieve this in a friendly atmosphere without an overbearing management structure.
- Proven ServiceNow implementation experience: 2 years+
- Knowledge of webservice APIs (SOAP, REST)
- Very good understanding of platform scripting (business rules, script includes, client scripts etc.)
- Ability to create Service Portal pages using AngularJS (creating widgets from the scratch)
- At least a basic understanding of Jelly
- Good command of English (both written and spoken, B2 level)
- Ability and willingness to oversee less experienced colleagues
- System administrator certificate
- Knowledge of Domain Separation, Scoped application development would be an advantage
- ITSM, ITOM, ITBM experience would be an advantage
- CAD, CIS, ITIL certification would be an advantage
- Act as a senior developer in projects
- Act as an architect in projects (accept architecture proposed by others, perform code reviews if necessary)
- Ensure project team members follow ServiceNow development best practice
- Coach and tutor less experienced team members
- Be an active contributor to setting new standards across development teams in the company