🤓 QA Engineer
6 000 - 10 000 PLN net
🌍 Smart Coders | Długa 16, Bydgoszcz🖥 https://smartcoders.xyz/
Are you passionate about building quality software? We're looking for engineers to help drive end–to–end engineering experience; the software we build is used by other developers (APIs) just as much as it is by end customers (definitely not APIs). This is about making sure that using our solutions is a breeze and a great experience.
We're looking for someone who can help us maintain the high quality of our software and drive it even higher. You're curious and always looking for new and more efficient ways to test software and enhance the overall process.
The areas you will focus on are:
Designing and creating tests – This will include everything from creating a test strategy, to writing automated tests, to writing scripts, to manual tests, to clicking around the front-end and finding what the developers missed,
Writing integration tests for the API – Writing good integration tests of our public APIs puts both our clients and developers at ease. Clients can rely on a rock-solid API, and developers are free to refactor the underlying code without fear of breaking it. Your job will be to add integration tests, and work with developers to improve the API documentation,
Writing end-to-end tests (E2E) for the UI – Our build system automatically tests all of the features in the UI and with new feature new tests need to be created. Good E2E tests ensure that the desired user interactions are adhered to and maintained when new features are added.
Attributes we care about:
Motivated – You're excited to build new software. You're excited about quality of the software you help creating. You like finding new applications for your existing skills and learning new skills altogether. You get things done. You do your job well,
- Delivers – You deliver. You want to get things done. You want the software shipped to your customers today, rather than tomorrow,
- Problem Finder – You think outside the box. You break things. You're proud of it,
- Details Oriented – You can focus on the details, while understanding and keeping in mind the bigger picture. You should care deeply about the details,
- Empathic – you put yourself in the users' shoes. You are the bridge between developers and users, you advocate on their behalf,
- Technically Savvy – You know your stuff. You're the authority about a particular technology. You understand not only the how, but also the why,
- Experienced – You've worked as a QA engineer or on a similar position for at least 2 years.
Basic requirements and skills:
We're working with the following technologies, frameworks, and methodologies; we are looking for people who have the expertise in:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related fields, M.Sc. is a plus,
- Agile Software Development Methodology,
- 2 years or more of industry experience.
We're working with English speaking clients (well, not–Polish–speaking, anyway), written and spoken English is required. If you need a requirement it's B2/C1.
You don't need to be able to discuss Shakespeare, but you need to understand Manuals and Technical Documents. You need to be able to communicate the issue you've identified in a clear and concise way.
When you join us, you might enjoy:
- Flexible working hours,
- Including working from home from time to time,
- Competitive compensation,
- Private health insurance,
- Company of like–minded individuals,
- Free coffee,
- Working from our office in Bydgoszcz,
- A brand new MacBook Pro, a 4k monitor,
- and a standing desk!