🤓 Engineering Team Leader
18 000 - 24 000 PLN net
🌍 SearchSpring | Rynek Główny, 39-40, Kraków🖥 https://searchspring.com/
👉 Nice to have:
SearchSpring is a growing B2B SaaS company. We work with some of the world’s leading e-commerce brands. Our software helps them deliver a better shopping experience with hyper-relevant results.
Our technology helps over 1,500 retailers across 10+ retail verticals create engaging shopping experiences for their customers. Our new Relevancy Platform provides retailers with the tools to make their marketing/merchandising teams more effective, deliver a contextually relevant customer shopping experience across all devices, and empowers employees across all departments with actionable insights. If you love retail, eCommerce and have a passion for developing solutions to complex problems, come join us.
At SearchSpring we foster an environment of caring, helpful, considerate and empathic people. We think that’s the best environment to foster excellence and its one of the things we care most about in our hiring process. If you are empathic and able to talk with humility and encourage others to thrive, we want to hear from you! We don’t want brilliance without empathy. We don’t want creators who don’t share. We don’t want rock stars that don’t contribute to the community.
Engineering Team Leader
We believe in a servant leadership, with team leads helping to enable their teams build the best software they can in the fastest and safest way possible. Team lead will be responsible for building the developers team in Kraków location and then for managing and leading them. Leading the way in which software is built and helping the developers grow in their careers. You set aside an hour a week for each of your direct reports, and in this 1:1 you discuss career development, work issues, life issues impacting work. A portion of your monthly workload will be interviewing, screening and reference checks on candidates for SearchSpring.
- Initially, your role will be to architect, develop and then lead a team that creates and maintains data acquisition for all the major e-commerce platforms (Magento first, then Shopify, then Big Commerce and others)
- Later on in the role, we will be building out plug and play UI integrations with the major platforms to utilize the SearchSpring search and merchandising
- Ideally 5 years of experience in PHP and 2 years in one other language (Java, Node.js or Clojure are preferred but we're open for other programming languages as well)
- 2 years of experience in leading a team
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Solid mentoring, leadership and research skills
- Customer empathy (being able to put yourself in the shoes of the customer)
- Experience with at least 1 IDE (IntelliJ, Vim, Visual Studio code)
- Ability to create diagrams documentation and presentations
The following technologies are currently being used here, you don’t need to know them all, but you should definitely know what they are.
Coding: Java, Node.js, Clojure, Scala, PHP
Back End: ElasticSearch, MySQL, Redis, Glue, Redshift, RDS, Lambda, Spark
Front End: Angular, Cypress.io, Mithril.js, Redux, Ospec, Karma, Jasmine
DevOps: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker, Jenkins, Cloud Build, Sumologic
Methodology: Basecamp’s Shape Up
Nice to have:
- ElasticSearch, Redis, Glue, Redshift, RDS, Lambda, Spark
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Comfortable office in the city center with friendly atmosphere
- Development fund of 3k PLN per year per head
- Flexibility in choosing the type of contract
- Paid holiday
- Private healthcare (full Luxmed package)
- Sports card (Multisport)
- Free English classes onsite
- Team building and socializing events
- Competitive salary
- Decent coffee & fresh fruits
- Udemy access etc.
Sounds interesting? Let us know! Write to firstname.lastname@example.org & send us whatever you feel represents your work best (CV, LinkedIn, Github, portfolio, or just a couple of paragraphs) or just press an "Apply" button.