Who We Are
We are a remote-first software as a service (SaaS) company, bringing true digital transformation to the global shipping industry. We enhance the way shipping professionals work by creating technology for the maritime industry and bringing it to market.
With over 85% of the world’s trade transported by sea, we have a huge opportunity to transform existing manual, offline and disparate processes into a tech-enabled and data-rich experience enabling better decision-making and fewer costly and time-consuming mistakes. Our premier platform, Sea, is the world’s first digital shipping platform that provides cloud-based applications focused on the pre-fixture and at-fixture space. These connect to create efficiencies and digitise workflows. We are The Intelligent Marketplace for Fixing Freight.
To understand more about us, please visit https://www.sea.live/
The Engineering Manager role at Sea is a leadership role within the overall Sea Engineering team.
Operating within Product-focused Engineering teams consist of a "Trio" comprising a Product Manager, Tech Lead, and Product Designer, along with an extended team of Software, DevOps, Data, and Test Engineers, the Engineering Manager's role is to ensure comprehensive support for the team in delivering software solutions that the teams are responsible for. Additionally, the Engineering Manager collaborates directly with the CTO, to whom they report, and other Engineering Managers to execute Sea's overarching technical strategy.
Direct collaboration with the “Trio” is essential to ensure any technical or operational roadblocks are removed and the Engineering team is fully empowered to deliver on the priorities that they themselves have agreed to as part of an over-arching OKR strategy across the business.
- Provide technical support and guidance to team and colleagues as necessary, facilitating the delivery of product and engineering solutions
- Embrace agile software development practices and methodologies by collaborating with Sea's Coaching team to guarantee the adoption and implementation of these approaches within the teams
- Encourage a culture that values openness, honesty, and a willingness to challenge when necessary
- Encourage collaboration and knowledge-sharing within and across the wider Engineering teams
- Support other Engineering Managers and CTO to rollout change – technical, procedural and structural
- Daily management of the team, helping remove any blockers and ensuring they have the right tools for the work they are undertaking
- Perform regular 1-2-1’s to understand strengths, learning areas, career aspirations
- Ensure the team have the right tools and people in place to deliver on their commitments – be involved with hiring and restructuring when needed
- Help identify and implement new processes either within the team or as part of a wider initiative
- Effective collaboration across a multi-disciplined team, interacting with Product, Engineering, Architecture and DevOps functions of the business
Work in an international team – Are teams are based all around the globe consisting of different nationalities, the ability to manage and work in remote teams is key.
Flexibility - We are a growing team working in a dynamic environment that requires our people to be able to adapt quickly to change.
Responsibility and Ownership – High sense of ownership of output, problems and solutions and being able to build that sense of ownership within the team.
Commitment and proactivity– An individual who takes initiative and is dedicated to both the growth of their team and the advancement of their product.
Openness and willingness to cooperate- Our team members work strongly together, are open to help, and are not afraid to ask questions. We need an individual who values this kind of supportive and collaborative work style.
Skills and Experience
- Experiencing working in Product-led Engineering teams
- Experience managing Engineering teams within a software delivery organization
- Understand Agile software delivery
- Experience of cloud-based web environments, with experience of modern technologies and frameworks (no hands-on coding required)
- Excellent communicator within-team but also being able to communicate quickly and succinctly with your peers and Senior Leadership
- Cost tracking and management skills
- Microsoft .NET knowledge and general understanding of frontend frameworks and how they operate in a web environment
- MS SQL and general database understanding of relational data
- Understanding of how APIs are used within web development and how they can be exposed externally
- Understanding of Cloud implementations and architecture (MS Azure) along with the services that cloud providers offer
What you can expect
Despite our dynamic growth, we managed to maintain a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere of a tightly knit team that can implement complex projects comprehensively and effectively. Each of us knows what is expected from us and has adequate space and freedom of action.
The actual work is important, but it’s also essential for us at Sea that we all stay happy, relaxed and motivated. That’s why we provide a wide range of benefits to all our employees:
- Training budget
- Private medical care (Luxmed)
- Voluntary group life insurance
- MyBenefit or Multisport card
- Language courses (English and German)
- Mentoring program and numerous internal pieces of training
- Employee referral program
- Paid days off from services (B2B)
- A paid day off to care for your health - “Dzień na U”
- Integration events, joint company trips, birthday celebrations and many other
What we offer
- Salary: DOE 30 000 - 38 000 PLN/month (B2B) or UoP
- Flexible working hours
- You choose how you work - from our office in Poznań or remotely from home, or like most of us, work hybrid.
- Strong focus on growth, interesting projects & people who enjoy working with each other!