🤓 Product Designer
7 000 - 9 000 PLN gross
🌍 Schibsted | Pawia 23, Kraków🖥 http://www.schibsted.pl
If you have a passion for news, visual design and creating digital services that stand out and make a difference, then this is the job for you. Working as part of a larger UX team you will be responsible for creating the visual design for mobile and desktop applications that delight and excite our users by creating the best news experience.
You are truly passionate about taking ideas, research insights, business needs and creating flows, wireframes, and design to create simple, beautiful and effective designs across multiple platforms that resonate strongly with our users.
You are a team player with a positive attitude, curious, and enjoys challenges – and a person who sees the value of diversity. You are autonomous and take full ownership of your work.
At Schibsted Media we are a team of designers that work in a cooperative way and we are proud of being part of strengthening democracy in Scandinavia and we are all working on different aspects of a publishing company. You will be a part of this extended and proficient team and in this team we share knowledge, meet at UX gatherings, run collaborative design critique sessions and meet up for social events.
About the job
In this role, you are working with the design and User Experience for several products & services within Sweden and Norway, and you will translate user needs and business ideas to concepts and experiments. You will work closely with 2 teams within the niche product area within News Media:
- SHIP (Schibsted Health Integrated Product) is the team behind building the shared product for the weight-loss services Viktklubb.se (Aftonbladet, Sweden) and Vektklubb.no (VG, Norway). Viktklubb.se and Vektklubb.no have been helping their members lose weight since 2003 and 2005 respectively.
- Niche destinations is the team behind large niche destinations such as: www.tek.no and www.godt.no. Tek is the leading website in Norway to find trustworthy high-quality reviews of all kinds of Tech products and the latest technology news. Godt is a destination for recipes that’s used by millions of Norwegians every month to find great food inspiration.
The Product & Tech teams behind these products are located both in Krakow (all developers) and Stockholm (Product & UX). Next to this we work very closely with stakeholders in Aftonbladet (Sweden) and VG (Norway). This means we are quite used to remote collaboration and have good processes in place to do so in a fun and effective way!
You will translate insights into mockups and visual design that illustrate simplicity despite any complexity with a view to maintaining the highest standards of usability. You will work closely within a tight-knit, cross-functional, internationally-distributed team to create product experiences for multiple platforms, brands, and devices.
- You are creative and passionate about design
- You are an open-minded team player, who likes to give and receive feedback to keep improving your work and your skills
- You want to see your work through from initial concept to production-ready deliverables
- You love delightful details as much as you like creating multiple conceptual ideas
- You have a good understanding of usability and user experience principles
- You have experience creating high-quality interfaces and experiences, preferably both for native iOS/Android apps and responsive websites.
- A general interest in the news publishing industry is a plus
- 2+ years of design experience
- Experience from user-centered and insights-driven projects
- Visual design portfolio representing work conducted for various different platforms & devices
- Experience conducting research and user testing
If you wish to apply for this role, you need to send us with the following:
- Recent portfolio