🤓 Release Train Engineer
7 000 - 14 000 PLN gross
🌍 Rockwell Automation Sp.z o.o. | Francuska 46, Katowice🖥 https://www.rockwellautomation.com
An Agile Release Train is a team of teams. The responsibility for driving and steering an ART falls to the Release Train Engineer (RTE). The RTE facilitates Program Level process and execution, escalates impediments, manages risk, and helps drive program level continuous improvement.
RTEs typically have a background as a program or engineering manager. They have a solid understanding of scaling Lean and Agile, and they understand the unique opportunities and challenges associated with facilitating and continuously aligning a large development program.
The Release Train Engineer is a servant leader who:
- Assists Scrum Masters with execution and feature/capability tracking
- Coaches teams to collaborate as opposed to coordinating activities
- Encourages and supports personal development of individuals
- Listens and supports teams in problem identification and decision making
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
The Release Train Engineer understands and effectively applies and coaches Agile and Lean principles within the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe). The RTE creates and maintains an environment for continuous learning and relentless improvement.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Engineering, or equivalent knowledge in the areas of software engineering (software requirements analysis, software design, software testing) desired
- Minimum of 15 yaers' experience in Software Development/Test, Applications Engineering work, Technical Support, or another role
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Agile development environment
- In depth knowledge of agile methodologies and techniques is required
- Previous experience in a leadership role is required
- Excellent communications and technical writing skills
- Knowledge of, or experience with Rockwell Automation products or other industrial control equipment is preferred