🤓 UI & Front-End Software Engineer
19 200 - 20 800 PLN net
🌍 RedCompass Ltd | Prosta 20, Warszawa🖥 https://redcompass.com/
👉 Nice to have:
RedCompass is a financial consultancy focused on helping major banks compete for the future.
Our team brings together experts from the payments, data analytics, financial crime and strategic change arenas to support our mission to build banks that can compete and prosper in the fast-evolving world of changing customer expectations, adapt to ongoing regulatory interventions, cope with the never-ending challenge to reduce costs and manage the constant cycle of technological advancement to become and remain customer-centric, profitable, sustainable and relevant.
At RedCompass we are committed to the relentless pursuit of excellence for the benefit of our clients. We provide small, high impact teams that work in partnership alongside internal teams and use a holistic analysis of data, systems, business objectives, and market demands to tailor the right approach for solving payments and financial crime problems.
As a company, we also feel a responsibility to make our work matter - not just for our clients and our families, but for the broader society.
For this reason, we are combining our deep payments knowledge and our background in government intelligence data analytics to develop an open-source data model and data science workbench which will provide key regulatory insights into AML and Transaction data. We will apply this to help detect, prevent and stop human trafficking.
We offer a fixed term 6 months contract.
RedCompass (Labs) is expanding our engineering team in Warsaw within a wider organisation of seventy at our headquarters in central London. As we start the development of a new data analytics platform for our financial services clients, this is a key moment to join us on our journey.
We are looking for a bright, enthusiastic and hands-on UI & Front-End Software Engineer who will be an integral member of our growing software engineering department. Our approach is ‘all hands-on deck’ and ‘every idea should be at the table’ which will ensure you are actively involved and empowered at all stages of our capability development.
As a UI & Front-End Software Engineer you would:
- work with clients, RedCompass engineering and other RedCompass staff to understand requirements, design and develop UI & Front-End solutions
- develop interface mock-ups, wireframes and prototypes in a format which enables efficient demonstration & implementation
- contribute to the definition of user interface & experience standards, implement best practice and share knowledge with the wider RedCompass engineering team
- contribute to the deployment of our platform on commercial cloud and client on-premise environments
- contribute to the on-going evolution of our development environment and platform automated deployment
Are you looking for an exciting, stimulating challenge, working amongst smart, like minded individuals in a fast-paced environment with a lively team atmosphere? Do you have experience with some of these key technologies?
- Usability Trials and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Docker containers & cloud technologies, AWS or other cloud platforms
- Agile methodologies
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral English) including the ability to communicate and present both at a technical and non-technical level
Further interests or experience you may have could include:
- UX analysis - persona, user stories, user journeys
- Java 11 & Spring Boot
- Analytics and visualisations such as graph, clustering, supervised & unsupervised machine learning
- DevOps, container & cloud technologies such as: Gradle, Hashicorp stack (Terraform, Vault, Consul)
- Deploying software in a regulated financial services environment
- Remote team working
- Monitoring for applications and data quality
- Test and Behaviour Driven Development methodologies
- Appreciation of GDPR and ISO standards such as 27001 & 27017
Primary Office Location
Your main place of work will be at our regional office in Warsaw – Poland, which is 5 minutes’ walk from ‘Rondo ONZ’ station. As our clients have offices in London and across Europe, you may be asked to travel with reasonable notice to client sites and our RedCompass Labs & Head Office in London, UK.