🤓 Full Stack Engineer (Ruby/JS)
🌍 Railsware | Szlak 50/A4, Kraków🖥 https://railsware.com/
We're looking for a great Software Engineer to join our team! The position will include building great products, tackling interesting challenges, and contributing to our engineering culture. We expect you to work in pairs, use test-driven development a lot, be experienced in building complex web applications, and write both clean and maintainable code.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
We write Ruby and JS code a lot. Our codebases, however, are often polyglot, and we keep on experimenting with technologies like Elixir or GO in real production. Therefore, additional experience in other languages and frameworks is, of course, a plus.
Check examples of the products we built.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent general programming skills
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails and its testing frameworks
- Practical experience in different DBs (RDBMS, Key Value / Tuple Store, Wide Column Store / Column Families, Document Store)
- Comfortable with the UNIX/Linux command line
- Experience in Test-Driven Development and pair programming (good to have)
- Strong technical expertise and ability to work with complex codebases
- Good English (ability to communicate fluently)
- End-to-end product development
- Write reusable and maintainable code
- Write tests to validate the correctness of your code thoroughly
- Actively contribute to the identification of problems and their solutions
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards
- Work in the company with no hierarchy
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Railsware is a product studio. Since 2005, we have shaped our own “know-how” in product creation and organization management. Among others, we have helped Calendly and BrightBytes turn from small startups into close-to-billion-dollar companies.
Railsware products are the next step in company evolution. We have applied the best product development practices to creating our own solutions. Today, Mailtrap and Smart Checklist for Jira have over 500K users and generate over $1M of annual recurring revenue.
People feel great here. On average, a Railswarian stays in the company for about 6 years. We support our team with outstanding benefits and remote first working culture.
We look for people with high potential ready to evolve in multiple directions. The right hires shape a team of A-players to learn from each other and evolve together.