🤓 Expert DevOps Engineer
14 000 - 21 000 PLN net
🌍 Ragnarson | Targowa 35, Łódź🖥 https://ragnarson.com/
👉 Nice to have:
Tired of working as a regular sysadmin with a DevOps engineer title? Join Ragnarson to help us scale our clients’ fast-growing startup. We’ll enable you to contribute, take ownership and share your expertise with various teams within the project.
We thought that it might be quite interesting for you to read more about the project that we are currently recruiting for. We cannot reveal the brand of our client due to NDAs, but here’s a brief description of the project.
What is the project about?
We’re helping a leading startup from western Europe to go through the growth phase. The project is designed to simplify matching talents and attracting candidates for app’s clients by applying advanced ML techniques.
We’re working closely with various teams to embrace DevOps culture and help them to build a reliable and scalable infrastructure.
We use a variety of tools provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS). The tech includes ECS, RDS (PostgreSQL), Redshift, EMR. We follow the best practices in Infrastructure as Code principles using Ansible and Python.
How does the project look now?
We’re working together on a better understanding of various developer, data science and ML teams’ needs from an infrastructure point of view. Our role is focused on design and implementation of structures and processes that may be helpful to maintain the infrastructure by developers on their own.
Why is it unique?
This project is not a standard sysadmin-maintenance job.
The main objective is to obtain a high-level DevOps culture across multiple teams of developers. We opt to create a linkage between DevOps team and developers, instead of building the typical SysOps department.
What do we expect from you?
- 5+ years of professional IT experience,
- excellent knowledge of Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.),
- great knowledge of Amazon Web Services (e.g. ECS, Lambda),
- experience with Linux and Unix-like operating systems,
- experience in containerization, monitoring, and security engineering,
- readiness to participate in organizational meetups at client’s office once in 2-3 months,
- good command of English and Polish language,
- nice to have: practical experience of scaling Ruby-based applications.
Want to get to know us first?
We understand that you might not be 100% sure at this point that working with us is the right decision. So we encourage you to learn more about us, our core values, community engagement or knowledge sharing.
Joining Ragnarson means:
- 100% remote work,
- independence in setting up your salary twice a year,
- entry salary level between 14-21k net on B2B
- open company financial records (example: income, expenses, forecast),
- transparent communication and company documents,
- choosing your own perks,
- treating you as an equal partner, not an employee, we are a self-managed software house,
- participating in every-day decisions regarding the direction of the company growth,
- growing in the technology you like the most,
- opportunity to develop in non-programming fields (project management, customer relations, recruitment, marketing, sales).
The recruitment process will take you through 3 steps: 30-min interview via Hangouts, 4-hour technical review and a round of culture fit interviews. Find out more about the recruitment here.
How to prepare yourself for recruitment? Here you have a hint!
If you are curious about what we did so far, go through our case studies.