🤓 Operations Specialist (support)
12 800 - 17 600 PLN net
🌍 ProData Consult | Emilii Plater 53, Warszawa🖥 http://www.itconsultants.pl/
👉 Nice to have:
- Details: The client is forming a completely new team (up to 4 team members) responsible for stable and secure execution environments. The team will be responsible for 1st and 2nd line support of servers, supporting and cooperating with patching team, managing the servers and middleware stack, handling incident management, and managing lifecycle of application servers. The client is primarily using Windows at the moment but they are gradually shifting their focus to Linux.
- Industry: Banking
- Location: Client's office in Warsaw Financial Centre, Emilii Plater 53
- Business trips: Onboarding at the beginning of cooperation and occasional business trips later-on
- Remote work: Occasionally
- Project language: English (required), Polish
- Team: Polish/Danish
- Remuneration: Negotiable, depending on experience
- Start: ASAP/Flexible
- Assignment type: B2B
- Solid Windows 2008/2016 experience
- Experience with: IBM Websphere Application server (8.5.5), IBM MQ (7.1 & 8), IBM Message Broker (7)
- Familiarity with JBoss, Tomcat, IIS
- Being a team player (e.g. writing documentation in the shared Wiki, not in personal One Note)
- Very good English skills.
- At least Bachelor's degree
NICE TO HAVE:
- Knowledge of OpenShift
- Solid Red Hat Enterprise Linux as the client puts increasing workload on Linux
- Knowledge of Java as the client's applications are Java-based
- Keeping the middleware layer up to date, creating necessary patch packages, coordinating the roll out the patches with the affected business owners. Continuous work on keeping the middleware up to date with current security practices.
- First line support if a business owner reports a problem with either an application on top of the middleware or the middleware itself. That includes finding log files (those not yet in Elastic), looking at the Windows Events and deciphering them.
- Second line support that includes working on more difficult performance problems (application slows down for unknown reasons, network issues).
- Running the client's OpenShift platform, once it is in a fairly mature state.
- Working on the upcoming Windows 2008 → Windows 2016 migration.
- Migrations in general (for example MSSQL migrations, that are almost always running).
- Handling certificate updates (possibly).
- Working on OS baselines for Windows and Linux.
- Being responsible for approx. 40 services (File Services, Backup, LogRoll, AD setup, SCOM and many others).
- Improving infrastructure over time (reliability, dashboards pinpointing problem areas, consolidation on multiple levels, such as servers, logging, network).
- New office in the city center
- Flexible working hours
- Challenging projects in a Scandinavian business culture
- Long-term cooperation
- Relocation package/bonus and internal reference bonus
- Co-financed benefit package (private healthcare, Multisport card)
- Training budget