🤓 Cloud Platform Software Engineer
15 000 - 19 000 PLN gross
🌍 Plume Design | Strzegomska 138, Wrocław🖥 http://plume.com
Cloud Platform Software Engineer
Plume is the pioneer of Adaptive WiFi, the world's first self-optimizing WiFi. Our competitive edge lies in the advanced architecture of the Plume Platform, which consists of a highly flexible control plane in the cloud and OpenSync™ open source device software stack that allows interoperability with all different kinds of third party hardware platforms.
Our primary business is B2B2C, in which we partner with internet service providers (ISP's), large and small, to deliver services beyond traditional voice, video, and data to their subscribers. For ISP's seeking a turnkey solution, we provide a SaaS offering, which includes Adaptive WiFi, dashboards for monitoring and analytics, as well as other value-added services (e.g. internet security). More sophisticated ISP's may also be interested in our PaaS offering, in which they can create and deploy their own services on top of the Plume Platform at high cadence and massive scale.
As an engineer on the Cloud Platform team, you will be building and enhancing a set of backend services (written in Scala and Akka) that are responsible for the real-time control, monitoring, and optimization of OpenSync™ enabled devices. Daily work will involve close collaboration with other teams (Device, Data Engineering, API) to bring ideas to fruition. This is a unique ground floor opportunity for self-motivated individuals to work on a mission-critical, cutting edge software platform that serves millions of households worldwide.
- Well-versed in Scala OR have a solid Java background and eager to get up to speed with idiomatic Scala
- Strong understanding of memory and performance characteristics of fundamental data structures
- Strong understanding of OOP design principles
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- Position may require occasional travelling to customer and other Plume offices in US/California, Slovenia or Taiwan
- Experience writing code for large scale distributed systems and supporting it in production
- Experience with JVM garbage collection and tuning