🤓 Data Engineer
6 000 - 10 000 PLN gross
🌍 PCSS | Jana Pawła II, 10, Poznań🖥 http://www.man.poznan.pl/online/pl/
What will do:
- design, implement, and maintain different data integration pipelines related to the agri-food domain.
- define the processes for the collection, cataloguing of different datasets
- specification of data models (semantic vocabularies),
- data transformation and (semantic) linking,
- customization and/or extension of the underlying software components and services
- customize/develop interfaces for the exploitation of the integrated datasets
- Experience with data modelling (ER, UML, …)
- Practical knowledge of data representation and interchange formats (JSON, XML, …)
- Practical knowledge of data query languages (SQL, XQuery, …)
- Good knowledge of Java
- Practical knowledge of (relational and/or non-relational) databases, including schema design, access, and basic management
- Good knowledge of English (spoken and written), allowing the candidate to communicate (technically) in an international team, as well as to write technical reports
- Knowledge of tools supporting the teamwork (issue trackers, code versioning systems).
Other qualifications that are welcome but not obligatory:
- Knowledge of other programming languages (e.g., Python)
- Experience with semantic technologies (RDFS, OWL, SPARQL, SWRL, …), including semantic repositories (triple/quadstores), data transformation and data linking frameworks
- Knowledge of micro-services architecture (microservices)
- Practical knowledge of agile software development methodologies at the level needed in the daily work of the programmer,
- Experience in reusing and extending software, including open source and internal projects.
Additionally, the candidate is expected to have:
- Good non-technical skills, including team work and communication abilities, good initiative, proactive, flexible and self-motivated
- Ability to work with multinational and multidisciplinary teams
- Stable work in a well-established institution, highly recognized at national and international level
- Participation in international projects in the field of computer science, working with emerging technologies and with applications in different domains
- Participation in the implementation of solutions aimed at providing real users with innovative solutions
- Possibility to participate in work meetings and other professional events abroad
- Social package, including co-financing of the Multisport card, the possibility of joining the private medical care program.
- Flexible schedule