OANDA is a global leader in online multi-asset trading services, currency data, corporate payments and FX services.
Everyone at OANDA is focused on our vision to transform how our customers can meet all their currency needs. From our roots in 1996 that provided free currency exchange information to launching a multi-award winning global FX and CFD trading business to our recent new venture of money transfer. OANDA is now a major global player.
Join us and:
- Work on an award-winning platform that processes billions of dollars every day.
- Be on a team that’s responsible for company-wide top priority projects.
- Deliver reliable apps on an agile team striving for continuous integration, automated testing, and code reviews.
- Contribute innovative ideas to improve the daily trading experience of thousands of customers.
- Improve yourself and your team through education and continuous learning.
Who we are and What we do:
We are a small team of talented engineers working on the public facing OANDA website (www.oanda.com). We build and support the entire infrastructure used to deliver content and dynamic applications to visitors of our website. This website and its applications receive over 10 million views a month. We work with our design, content and marketing teams to deliver an informative and engaging website experience in multiple languages and locales throughout the world. Our team works on every aspect of this delivery pipeline, we build interactive dynamic apps, create reusable modules in Wagtail for our CMS, deploy Cloudflare workers to facilitate rapid content delivery to our global user base.
As a Team Lead, you will:
- Work closely with business stakeholders on technical delivery of projects.
- Mentor your team in the design and implementation of complex web applications using React, Tailwind and Python/classic Django.
- Oversee project timelines and keep key deliverables on schedule and to specification.
- Guide the team in following design and coding best practices.
- Support your team’s career development goals.
- Optimize team processes to minimize toil and improve productivity.
- Able to write reusable, testable, efficient and maintainable code.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years experience in a team lead role.
- 5+ years of software development experience in Python, working with classic Django (not DRF).
- Solid understanding of modern web application architecture, experience with CloudFlare or other CDNs, GCP or other cloud computing platforms.
- Understanding of Web Application Security and common attack vectors.
- Experience with Git or other version control systems
- Strong debugging skills.
- A solid foundation in Computer Science/Engineering
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience developing modules for Content Management Systems like Wagtail.
- Experience with Nginx, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Prometheus and Grafana.
- Knowledge of React.
- Contributions to an open-source project (of any kind)
- An account on GitHub.com with samples of your code