The Senior QA Tester Automation Engineer is a key member of our Quality team working on a variety of projects within a distributed scrum environment across the UK and Spain. The engineer will work with the rest of the QA team to record and automate test script using a range of toolsets and following the standards set out. The Senior QA Tester Automation Engineer will become an expert in our strategic technology platform, Global Gateway, built in Microsoft Azure, servicing our regional and global client base within the Insurance industry.
- Writing automated test scripts to verify and validate that the new software meets the business needs
- Gaining a strong understanding of the business operation
- Recording and monitoring QA test results
- Enhancing exiting automation back end and front end framework
- Providing coaching support to others in the QA team
- Providing QA effort estimates in work refinement sessions
- Helping to drive the test automation strategy across the business
- Running performance tests and ensuring that the results meet established levels
- Assisting in the user acceptance test (UAT) process by helping end users to understand how to use the software
- Be an active member of the Scrum team, improving process and ensuring that the team delivers on their commitment
Knowledge and Skills required:
- 5+ years of experience in testing (with at least 3 years in UI/API automation).
- Sound knowledge and experience of Web Application testing including API testing using Rest #.
- Experience using C# language.
- Experience of software QA processes, methodologies, and tools.
- Sound knowledge of SQL server and TSQL, Visual Studio, Git, Selenium, Xray and Page Object Model.
- Knowledge of current industry wide quality & test processes, practices, tools and techniques.
- Self-organising problem solver with the ability to think outside the box.
- Works effectively with both local and remote colleagues, collaborating, motivating, and energising others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Continuously looking to improve and learn new technologies, participating actively in the development community, contributing to blogs, researching or Opensource.
- Demonstrates maturity and calmness when placed in high pressure and demanding situations such as delivery deadlines.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience of working in medium sized development teams.
- Experience of working in an agile environment employing scrum methodology and JIRA as a SDLC management tool.
- Flexible working format - remote, office-based or flexible
- A competitive salary and good compensation package
- Personalized career growth
- Professional development tools (mentorship program, tech talks and trainings, centers of excellence, and more)
- Active tech communities with regular knowledge sharing
- Education reimbursement
- Paid vacation days, sick leaves, and days off
- Healthcare & Sport program
- Medical insurance
- Memorable anniversary presents
- Corporate events and team buildings