🤓 Android Developer
🌍 Marvel | New York, Nowy Jork🖥 https://www.marvel.com/
Marvel Entertainment is seeking a talented Android Developer.
At Marvel you will work closely with a creative team on mobile products used by a committed core of Marvel fans. You will give technical input during product design and aid other developers in adopting new technologies and methodologies. This is a unique opportunity to be instrumental in building our new mobile platform, so it’s essential that you be attracted to ideation, invention and building software from the ground up.
The candidate will work under the direction of the Marvel Engineering team members to help build end-to-end systems architecture, working with back-end engineers, in a cross-functional team.
- Ensure engineering excellence to deliver robust, secure, scalable, and high performance apps & enhancements in a timely manner.
- Maintenance and new development of Java code to improve and extend the Marvel Unlimited Android App.
- Work with traditional software lifecycle methodologies. Create design documents when required. Perform coding, debugging and testing.
- Participate in design brainstorming sessions, technical design reviews, bug triage, and functional walkthroughs.
- Constructive attitude in peer code reviews and mentorship.
- Software development experience in Java and Android Studio.
- Have published one or more Android apps in the Play Store.
- Experience with third-party libraries and RESTful APIs.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Knowledge of the Java Android performance tools and optimization techniques.
- Great communication and collaboration skills, and a strong teamwork ethic.
- Strong sense of ownership and urgency.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Critical thinking skills and a high attention to detail.
- Experience working with different Android OS variations (4.4 and up).
- Understanding of Git branching models such as GitFlow and comfortable doing code reviews.
- Familiar with automated testing using Espresso and Jenkins.
- Experience working with supporting libraries:
- embedded local storage solutions such as SQLite.
- networking libraries such as Retrofit, OkHTTP.
- image libraries such as Picasso and PhotoView.
- performance tuning and crash reporting applications such as New Relic.
- Knowledge of Gradle/Groovy scripting a plus.
- Knowledge of RxJava a plus.
- Basic knowledge iOS Development is a plus.
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.