🤓 Backend / Data Engineer
4 500 - 6 500 USD net
🌍 Kalepa | Flatiron, New York🖥 http://kalepainsurance.com
Kalepa is looking for Backend / Data Engineers to lead the development of our world-class software for commercial insurers.
Backend / data engineers at Kalepa will be solving interesting and challenging problems at the intersection of large and performant data pipelines, distributed systems, cutting-edge machine learning models, and robust infrastructure. You will be working in a small team building technology from the ground up with the latest stack.
Kalepa is a New York based, VC backed, startup building software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Nearly one trillion ($1T) dollars are spent globally each year on commercial insurance across small, medium, and large enterprises. However, the process for estimating the risk associated with a given business across various perils (e.g. fire, injury, malpractice) is still reliant on inefficient and inaccurate manually entered forms or outdated and sparse databases. This information asymmetry leads to a broken set of economic incentives and a poor experience for both businesses and insurers alike.
By combining cutting edge data science and industry expertise, Kalepa delivers AI-powered decision-support software to commercial insurance underwriters. Kalepa's Copilot enables underwriters to focus their time on the highest ROI opportunities and rapidly evaluate, select, and price risk. By analyzing billions of points of structured and unstructured data, Kalepa's Copilot augments underwriters with insights and recommendations on every risk. Copilot allows each underwriter to perform at the level of the most experienced and effective underwriters and at top efficiency.
Kalepa's team members bring experiences from Facebook, Google, Amazon, Microsoft, ClassPass, Atlassian, APT (acquired by Mastercard for $600M in 2015), MIT, the University of Warsaw, Berkeley, UPenn, and the Israel Defense Forces.
- You enjoy understanding customer business needs and translating them into specifications or code
- You are excited about using a wide set of technologies, ultimately focused on finding the right tool for the job
- You are energized by automating the collection, parsing, reconciliation, and storage of huge volumes of disparate data from a variety of sources
- You are a proactive and collaborative problem solver with a “can do” attitude
- You have in-depth knowledge of at least one modern language and are willing to work on Python, SQL and no-SQL databases
- You have hands-on experience with data analytics and data engineering
- You have experience with AWS infrastructure
- Work with an ambitious, smart, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry
- Ground floor opportunity – opportunity to build the foundations for the product, team, and culture alongside the founding team
- Wide-ranging intellectual challenges spanning full-stack software development, AI / ML, and strong design
- Competitive compensation package with a significant equity component
- Fully remote environment