For one of our Client we are looking for Data Engineer with Python.
Our Client is a fast-growing Swiss AI and data analytics company dedicated to solving complex problems of traditional industries like automotive, chemical, finance, manufacturing and pharma. They work with some of the biggest organisations in the world to solve the challenges that directly affect their business, be it operations, finance, manufacturing or R&D.
Their mission is to drive the adoption of AI and Data Science in the non-digital industries and to help accelerate their digital transformation.
Are You the team member we are looking for?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Krakow/Wrocław. As a member of agile project teams, your mission will be to build solutions and infrastructure aiming at solving business problems of our clients.
- You are a proficient software engineer who knows the fundamentals of computer science and you master at least one widely adopted programming language (Python, Java, C#, C++).
- You know how to write distributed services and work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Spark.
- You are knowledgeable about ontology, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of teamwork.
- You have strong client-facing skills: comfortable to interact with clients (business & technical audience), deliver presentations, problem-solving mindset.
- You are customer-focused and you have a service-oriented mindset.
- You are willing to travel to meet with our clients and the team (mainly in Europe and outside covid time).
- You are eligible to register as sole trader (self-employment) in Poland. Don’t worry if you don’t know how to do the registration, we can help with that.
What You’ll Do:
We are growing at a fast pace and your role can evolve and will depend from our clients’ challenges.
These are some examples of projects that we have been working on:
- Building real time production line monitoring system for Pharmaceutical Industry. Technologies: AWS, EKS, CloudFormation, Docker, Python
- Building system for calculating and delivering global climate score for Insurance Industry. Technologies: PySpark, Python, Propriety Data Processing Platform
- Building a generic data science platform including a data lake for Chemical Industry. Technologies: Azure, ML Studio, Data Factory, Databricks, Spark
In general, you will:
- Design, build, maintain, and troubleshoot data pipelines and processing systems that are relied on for both production and analytics applications, using variety of open-source and closed-source technologies .
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
What We Offer:
- Work on client projects that have a concrete impact on the business
- Exposure to wide variety of projects, industries and technologies. Each client is different and provides unique opportunities to learn
- Ability to contribute to internal open-source projects like Darts or our MLOps platform
- The opportunity to join a fast-growing service company with a start-up atmosphere
- Self-employment flexibility linked with B2B contract
- Tailor-made mentorship program
- Learning activities such ML and Engineering Reading Groups
- Knowledge sharing sessions with other engineers
- Compensation package including base salary, yearly bonus based on the performance of the company
- 10% of the time for self-development
- 30 paid days off
- Cross offices/company wide frequent events (off-site or on-line) as well as Fun Fund to spend with the team on after work activities