🤓 Software Engineer
2 900 - 3 750 GBP gross
🌍 HireRight | Centrum, Brighton🖥 http://www.hireright.com/
As a full-stack Microsoft .NET (C#) Software Engineer, you will be a member of an agile development team that is involved in fast-moving technology modernisation projects in support of a major ongoing global business transformation.
The Software Engineer will be working with a range of Microsoft .NET technologies, with new projects focusing on newer technologies such as .NET Core. It is also expected that the Software Engineer will have familiarity and experience with older .NET technologies as well, to assist in the maintenance of existing business systems.
The Software Engineer ideally should be familiar working with software systems containing multiple separate applications and services that interconnect using service-oriented architecture as well as event-driven systems using message queue middleware.
Scope / Responsibilities
The Software Engineer's duties and responsibilities will include:
- Producing high-quality work in collaboration with team members and other stakeholders
- Participating in peer code reviews.
- Implement software code and configuration changes according to design specifications using best practices, and following coding standards
- Perform application analysis, debugging, and testing
- Troubleshoot issues, identify root causes and implement the optimal solution.
- Being an active participant in the execution, and ongoing improvements, of the team’s Agile Scrum working practise.
Key Skills and Experience
Full-stack .NET Web and Backend development using:
- .NET Framework 4.5 (or greater)
- .NET Core 2.0 (or greater)
- NET MVC
- NET WebForms
- HTML, CSS, Bootstrap
- NET WebAPI
- Windows Communication Foundation (WCF)
- SOAP / XML Web Services
- Message-Oriented Middleware: RabbitMQ
- Dependency Injection
- TDD, BDD
- Microsoft SQL Server (2008 R2, or later)
- T-SQL: SQL Queries, Stored Procedures, Views, DDL
Other desired skills/experience:
- Familiarity working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Familiarity working in with CI/CD technologies
- Familiarity working with Design Patterns and architectural best-practices