HERE is searching for a Senior Software Engineer for our Foundation Engineering team. Foundation Engineering enables the creation of mapping products that are highly available, performant, and near real-time.
The Senior Software Engineer will be a contributor on the team to deliver digital maps to major automakers, for e.g. BMWs, VWs, Audi, Daimler. You will work on a technology to collect and process road information from many sources, terabytes of data, including car sensors from millions of cars on the road. Our services convert this input into a digital map which is delivered back to the cars and used for navigation, driver assistance and even autonomous driving.
Developers building new services will rapidly launch their differentiated prototypes leveraging templates that enforce security, availability, and efficiency best-practices with a minimal collection of service-specific libraries.
What You’ll Get:
- Challenging problems to solve
- Opportunities to learn cool new things
- Work that makes a difference in the world
- Freedom to decide how to perform your work
- Variety in the types of projects
- Feedback so you will know how well you are doing
- Collaborative, Supportive Colleagues
As a Senior Software Engineer in the Foundation Engineering you will work self-sustained in an agile team. Your responsibilities will cover developing, extending, and maintaining tool and services that process data for HERE’s global databases.
- Implement tools to enhance both automated and semi-automated map data processing, involving backend/service-based software stacks, but also dashboard components for data tracking and analysis
- Own and drive technical excellence and in-depth solutions in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Apply and extended CI/CD tools and execute end-2-end ownership of your developed software stack, including DevOps and testing aspects
- Work closely with other full stack and frontend engineers on the team to de/-refine APIs and system integrations
- Work with other engineering teams and internal customers to identify new opportunities, address critical needs, and solve complex problems using your backend development expertise
- Become an expert at leveraging internal platform resources and APIs
- Drive initiatives that contribute in development of software that is efficient, re-usable and reliable (e.g. agile, coding, verification)
- Be part of an agile team, share knowledge, carry out code reviews
Who are you:
- Good applied skills in Java and/or Scala programming, in combination with backend architectures, messaging technologies and related frameworks
- Cloud Experience (AWS/Azure/IBM/Oracle)
- Strong and applied experience in REST based web service technologies, JSON and XML, SOA and micro services architectures
- Strong and applied DBMS & SQL skills, with a strong preference on PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- Strong and applied AWS skills (EC2, S3, RDS,), as well as experience with virtualization tools like Docker
- Strong experience CI/CD tools, with a preference on Jenkins
- Good knowledge of using issue tracking tools (e.g., JIRA), code collaboration tools (e.g., Git/GitLab) and team collaboration tools (e.g., Confluence/Wiki).
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix – familiar with shell scripting
- Able to translate business and architectural features into quality, consistent software design
- Solid knowledge of programming practices, strive to write great code that is reusable, flexible, and reliable.
- Strong quality mindset is considered a must: unit testing, performance testing, writing testable code
- Self-motivated, well-organized, details-oriented and a strong team player with an agile mindset
What do we offer?
- Challenging problems to solve and work that makes a positive difference in the world
- Innovative and modern technologies
- Truly international team of fantastic & talented people from 60+ countries worldwide, working from strong tech hubs located in Europe, US and Asia and multiple smaller locations
- Flexible working hours & flexible approach for office vs. remote work, fully remote work available
- Medical cover for you and your family
- Competitive salary plus yearly variable bonus
- This role is eligible for Creative Tax Incentive scheme in Poland” or KUP (Autorskie Koszty Uzyskania Przychodu)
- B2B contracts possible