🤓 Head of Engineering - Web
🌍 GOG.com | Jagiellońska, 74, Warszawa🖥 https://www.gog.com/work
GOG.com, the sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher series and upcoming Cyberpunk 2077), is a gamer-centric company, responsible for GOG.com store and GOG Galaxy online gaming platform.
Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of 180 passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
We believe that people are the foundations of what GOG is. We’re looking for a passionate leader who will take the responsibility for 20+ rockstars divided into cross-functional product engineering teams, who will take the best out of people, will develop their talent and own the processes where teams can deliver the best results possible.
- Coaching, promoting cooperation and teamwork and fostering our “People First” culture.
- Cultivating a culture of continuous feedback & continuous improvement.
- Driving employee engagement initiatives and coaching team leaders to effectively motivate their teams.
- Responding to the current needs of employees and solving their problems.
- Managing team structure in accordance to people & business needs.
- Recruiting talents and onboarding new employees.
- Supporting the professional development of all team members.
- Defining performance metrics and driving the team to meet these metrics.
- Inspiring and motivating team to ensure they understand company’s vision and strategy.
- Enabling process transparency and optimal communication for all stakeholders (Tech, Product, Biz).
- Process standardization and automation.
- Organizing knowledge transfer.
- Developing and running strategic projects that have a widespread impact on the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a position related to managing teams in the IT industry.
- Proven track record of leadership, decision-making and team building skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Problem-solving and negotiation/influencing skills.
- Experience with work in an agile environment.
- Adaptiveness, as we always seek for the best ideas and ways of doing things, which means changes.
- Experience in recruitment and employee onboarding.
- Ability to effectively collect and provide feedback to employees.
- Ability to easily communicate in English.
- Experience with managing managers.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience with team performance metrics.
- Experience in software engineering.
- Experience in the gaming industry.
- Passion for video games, apps, online technologies and geek culture.
What we offer:
- A unique opportunity to enter a booming industry and to influence the future of digital distribution.
- A gamer’s paradise where you will be surrounded by games - living & breathing them!
- A great, laid-back work atmosphere in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
- The chance to work in an international environment with exceptional experts.
- A Profit Sharing Program after 6 months of work, where employees share 10 % of GOG.com's net profit (paid out once a year).
- Access to a health care and sport activities package.
- A relocation package for foreigners as well as assistance from our HR throughout the whole process.
- Polish lessons should you need them.
- Frequent social activities, free fruits, an in-house canteen, and other goodies are a standard.
- An in-house gym, open 24/7, available exclusively for CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com employees.
- Free access to CD PROJEKT RED & GOG.com games.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, please submit your CV (in English) and code samples below.
Please be informed that we reserve the right to contact only selected applicants. The hired individual will need to work in-house, in our office based in Warsaw, Poland.
Information on processing of your personal data
Your personal data controller is GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw, Poland, ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warszawa. Your personal data will be processed in particular to invite you to our recruitment process and to conduct the process, which includes negotiating conditions of employment. Your personal data will also be processed to send you a newsletter about new job postings at GOG. We respect your privacy rights i.e. the right to access, rectify and delete your data, limit its processing, transfer it, a right not to be a subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, and to object to the processing of your personal data (you will find more details about the processing of your personal data in this privacy notice).
Please include the following statement in your application: ‘I hereby consent to the processing of personal data in my application by GOG sp. z o.o. with its registered seat in Warsaw for the ongoing recruitment process.’